1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198044130676 A Magical Lobster SR Scammer

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by A lobster, Jan 1, 2014.

1. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41932474
    | steamname: A Magical Lobster
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:41932474
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044130676
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198044130676

I believe that my ban is invalid. Me and The Hash Slinging Slasher( http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040606089 ) never traded for anything. The code i got was from portal 2 which i got for the playstation 3, at the time they were giving codes with them for a steam version. I had thought it was still valid and i thought i could sell it. I don't understand why i have this SR Scammer tag when i never traded for anything. Thank you for your time and please get back to me as soon as possible.
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    you still attempted to scam him,
  3. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    it is risky, but Hash knew he was trading for a code, there was a agreement and he knew the codes were not apart of steam conditions of trade. since we never traded, it seems like nothing happened. technically it was a mistake by me.
  4. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    If the code did work he could have scammed me and ran off.
  5. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    Me and Hash both knew this was a risky trade, nothing was traded, if you check the screenshot taken on the proof you will see he wanted me to go first( he could have attempted to scam me )
  6. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    I acknowledge that the trade itself was risky, and that there was no way of checking if the code was valid; the expiration date was not known at the time. As an honest mistake and in hindsight, I should have checked if the expiration date has been passed. But since no items were traded, I still believe that my mark of a scammer stands as obsolete. If the code were to be valid, he could of ran off. No other trades I have done, were scams. I consider it more of a mistake than an attempt at a scam, cause I was uninformed that the code was not valid. If you believe otherwise, than I also want to apologize for this mistake. So please, if you were to rethink my position of my +rep, or get the possibility of regaining my clean rep, I would not try to do trades out of the Steam conditions, similar to this one. Yet again, I thank you for your time, and have a good day.
  7. clayclayy

clayclayy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52305525
    I bought games which were codes, i always make the person with the code go first before giving them the items, you attempted to scam him, he realised before trading items and you buggered off, you knew you were scamming him
  8. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    i did give the code to him and i never knew it was expired. he never gave me any items before i gave him the code.
  9. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    from what has happened, i was banned for a mistake i made and why should a person be banned by a mistake if every one makes mistakes.
  10. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    There are far more worse things that happen that people get banned for, so i don's see why i should be banned because of a mistake
  11. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    And there was no attempt of scamming if i gave him the code first before anything. He never gave me any items so no trade happened, i never scammed him.

Also i would not scam any one and have had good behavior since the ban. I pay for items by their listed price and don't try to lowball. i am always paying bp.tf price for regular items and i even pay market price for unusuals.

Attached Files:

12. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    I have also been banned since may of 2012( or earlier), i have had a long amount of time-served and a lack of other reports against my account
  13. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    its been almost 6 months, i hope a admin could take a look at my appeal :)
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    I really really have a hard time considering this since you dont seem to understand what you did was wrong and is still attempting to scam. Are your views still the same as when you made this appeal?

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    please followup, its been longer then 2 weeks so only giving you an additional week.
  16. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    so sorry about the wait, never expected a response. I do know what i did was wrong and have really changed my ways. I honestly stopped trading as of late because of school and life in general but that doesn't change a thing. what i did was wrong and i am truly sorry for it.
  17. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    My whole view on trading and scammers/scamming has really changed since the time of this appeal post.
  18. A lobster

A lobster New User

Steam:
    again sorry for the super late response. I hope we follow up!
  19. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, Sorry for the delay in responding to this appeal. After a review of the original report and appeal I have decided to downgrade your tag to a caution. You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance since you did commit the offense, make sure you do not try anything like that again.