1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid 76561198046349543 - Steam Support Scammer

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dre[X13], Mar 24, 2013.

1. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:9846342
    Scammer

|steamID: Jimmy Buffett
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:43041907
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046349543
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198046349543

Victim

|steamID: dre[13] trade banned wtf..
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:9846342
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197979958413
    |customURL:
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197979958413

on March 18 this guy contacted me http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198046349543

to sell me his BP for paypal - i didnt purchase it all i just purchased his unusuals and strange weapons

here is the backpack history proving i purchased the exact same items he has now in his inventory, he had them restored via support : http://backpack.tf/id/76561197979958413?time=1363590000

yesterday i received an alert saying i was trade banned without a mention on my profile or any reason for it - i did some digging and stumbled on a thread in sourceop saying that its possible for this to happen from buying carded keys and one guy said this happened to him after he purchased backpacks from people - so i looked up the history of the 3 backpacks i purchased and found that this guy had all the items he sold me restored - only the ones he sold to me, the rest of his inventory was completely empty look at the time differences between sales, after purchasing earbuds from him i wanted to sell me his backpack and i said i didnt have enough money, i told him i buy backpacks at 50% discounts and he offered to sell me his unusuals for 130, i haggled it down to 120 if he included some of his stranges and keys and he agreed, i told him i didnt have any money on steam at the moment so i would have to buy them later, i then proceeded to sell my earbuds to rev kush for a discount so i could afford his bp and then purchased his items, he wanted to go 1 item at a time so i agreed on 50/50 payment for the items after that he gave me +rep on my profile and he removed me . Now he put in a support ticket claiming i was hijacking him and he deleted the comment he put on my profile - He even blocked me on steam

here is the proof - i dont have the chat log but i have the paypal log / steam trade history log
    steamtradeproof1.png paypalproof1.png

So now my problem is steam trade locked my account because they think im a hijacker and i read from various people to whom this happened before that they give you 1 warning if this is your first offense regardless if you are innocent or not and on the second offense you are perma banned again regardless if you are innocent or not - this is completely f✿✿✿✿✿✿ ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed and horrible customer service/support behavior if this is true and it pretty much means even if my account gets unblocked im f✿✿✿ed because if some one decides to do this again to me i will be perma banned regardless if im a legit trustable trader.

So wtf do i do now... i have all my money on my tf2 account because of personal reasons this game is my only possible source of income at the moment...
  2. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    here is the paypal proof for the earbud i purchased from him prior to him wanting to sell me his BP earbudpaymenttothefaggotassscammer.png
  3. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    I have to add, the steam times are EST the paypal times are PDT
  4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Have you sent this information to Steam Support? And you sent your money to an unverified PayPal account?

How can you confirm it was really him and not a hijacker selling you his items that day?

This is a big risk that "backpack buyers" face. People will come to you to sell their stolen account backpacks. You have to get good at verifying that an account really is theirs (i.e. not hijacked), save chat logs, etc, etc. Or you end up in the mess you're in now. :(

Do you have some evidence to show that it really was the true account owner you paid?
  5. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    i dont, the only that would is steam themselves if they check the IP he used to do the trade, he had a lot more items than what he has now but somehow the only items he got restored where the ones he sold to me, we did not do the trades in one shot as you can see from the screenshot first he wanted to sell me a bud, then after a while he offered his BP, this whole transaction was done when steam had implemented the chat log in the steam chat so im sure it should still be there in their logs it was done recently ( on the 18th ).

and further more he blocked me on steam, i can't add him or contact him, how would he know to block me if he was not the one who traded me.
  6. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    and yes i put in a ticket with all the info
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Because to him it looks like you were the hijacker. He saw all of his items sent to your account. You would also be very angry if you lost your account and then found out all of the items had been "given" to someone else while you were gone.

Right now this looks like he was hijacked and you paid the hijacker a lot of cash. There's no scam report here unless you have evidence you really paid the right guy.
  8. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    someone not me could try adding him and seeing whats going on, talking to him, seeing whats the deal, this is still some bs, even if it wasnt me but some one else, how is some 1 suposed to pick up on that kind of info unless you have direct access to their steam logs / ip, its a flawed system, if any one else apart from me would of traded with him the same thing would of happened..
  9. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
    I added him and sent him a link to this report. He should make a post soon.
  10. Sari

Sari Helpful Member

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50710336
  11. Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43041907
    Yeah I actually got hacked at the time of this. I'm not sure what proof I can provide except for the Steam Support conversation, which I will gladly do. Sorry you got your stuff stolen but you really shouldn't have trusted someone with their Paypal unverified and without a middleman.
  12. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    i spoke to him and he sent a ticket to steam explaining the situation, thanks for the assistance mattie and streetrat
  13. Jimmy Buffett

Jimmy Buffett New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43041907
    Oh also I did not know he was blocked, so thanks Streetrat. I didn't think to check my blocked list or anything when I got the account back.
  14. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Now remember to chargeback the payment Dre! ^_^

Hope Valve gets the point that they may have f✿✿✿ed up :eek:
  15. Reverend Kush

Reverend Kush New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36061669
    Now I'm Involved. As you can see by the screenshot of the trade history, Dre here sold me 4 earbuds Via paypal and 1 of those buds came off the hi-Jacker. When I logged into Steam this morning, My trading privileges have been suspended for 2 week and SteamRep has listed me as a Scammer.
  16. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    So this is pretty much messed up now theres another person who has been trade banned because of this problem, im starting to think valve took care of all of this half-assed because im not even marked as a tradeban on my profile and they dont even mention the reason for my ban, and now they banned some 1 i traded with in the same timespan thinking either i was his alt account or an accomplice, this is making me lose all my credibility as a trader because i did a background check on this guy before purchasing his goods, check steamrep forums, checked his account, he even went first and all so this is really lame, i dont even know whats the deal anymore - im using this thread to provide the information of the events that happened to valve support so please dont close it just yet - this makes me wonder if the valve steam support even bothers to investigate or look into their tickets or if they just hire anybody and have them decided who gets punished or not, for such a large company that racks in so much money you would think they could afford actual customer support or implement a better way to deal with such issues, all TOS aside this is still a blatant amateur way of handling cases and makes me feel shameful to have once called this one of the best gaming retailers and companies ever, all the sales that i have lost in the past 3 days and the credibility i have lost plus in addition all the hard work i put into raising this backpack into something good enough to take care of what i need to do for the end of this month - and now even another player is suffering consequences of poor customer support - this is just wrong.

please leave this thread up until i get this resolved with valve's snail support, i mean steam support.

thank you.
  17. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Your account may now be accessed.

Our records show that you received a number of items/gifts that were stolen from hijacked Steam accounts. Steam Support previously warned this account against receiving stolen items. This violates the Steam Subscriber Agreement and /or Steam's Rules of Online Conduct.

As per the previous warning, this account has been permanently banned from Steam Trading.

If you have any further questions, please let us know - we will be happy to assist you.

How is this fair... how, i had no way of knowing the account was hijacked.
  18. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Dre, you didn't mention previously in this thread that you were warned against receiving stolen items.

How many times had you gotten your account locked for getting hijacked items before this? It didn't ever occur to you to be more careful about buying backpacks?
  19. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    i checked my history, this happened in 2011 when i got an item from some one who ended up being a hijacker aparently, and now this happens

and how am i suposed to know the account is being hijacked, there is 0 means to know if the person on the account is the owner or not when trading, this incident can happen to anyone at anytime...

scenario:

guy hijacks account

trades with players around

all players who traded with him are now warned/banned

this is a good system? i even had the original owner contact them and it didnt matter - they didnt even bother to read all the proof i gave.
  20. Dre[X13]

Dre[X13] New User

Steam:
    and of course i checked to make sure i was careful - this is real money where talking about, my only income, my only money, worked my ass off to get from nothing to a decent backpack, i checked his rep, i checked forums to make sure there wasnt any threads - i checked his profile his games, his youtube, everything checked out, how on earth was i suposed to know i wasnt dealing with the owner of the account? Magic? should i of hacked the valve system and cross-checked his IP?