1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198047602837 sMiley :D (BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by sMiley :D, Feb 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sMiley :D

sMiley :D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43668554
  2. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Can you please describe what happened and provide all evidence again?
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. sMiley :D

Steam:
    After speaking with HelenAngel and appeals admins (through HelenAngel) I have realized that the scamming account was an old alt I used during christmas sales (the coal event) that somehow got hacked and was used to scam another user.

Here's the message that was sent to HelenAngel and relayed to appeals admins

The fact that it was hacked wasn't realized by me until I checked my side email and failed to be able to log on and went through with recovering the email and after that was done I saw that I had received a "password has been changed" email for the steam account in question and since then I've gone through the process of recovering the account through steam support

Conversation with steam support:

[​IMG]

After this case is closed I'll go about changing the stuff on the scamming steam account as well as removing it from my main account's friends list but don't plan on using it and am fine with that account keeping the flagged steamrep just in case the hacker gains access to it once again.

Let me know if there's any more information needed and I'll be happy to provide it

Here's the list of accounts I have on my email now:

Entire ticket attached
    Main account Info:
    |steamID: Internim
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:1:24279080

Attached Files:

4. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello, can you provide screenshots of that account's inventory history from the timeframe in question? September 24, 25, 26, and 27 of 2012?

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/howto-provide-evidence-with-screenshots.3488/

Thanks-- we need to understand more about what transpired when you didn't have access to your account.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. sMiley :D

Steam:

Attached Files:

6. sMiley :D

Steam:
    Hi I was just wondering what the status on this was
  7. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin