1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198054563040 (BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Zip, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:47148656
    It's been an year or more since I've got that SR Scammer mark for absolutely nothing, it was the dumb admins of that server I was spycrabbing on. I just lost connection and I gave the guy a craftable hat. I tried appealing this on tf2outpost and Helen told me to appeal it in a few months (got the response 7 months ago - I have a pic of it). I really want this mark gone since I'm really not a threat to the community anymore and it is really a pain to sell something with this SR Scammer tag. Some help would be appreciated :)

Attached Files:

2. NCPereira

NCPereira New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35293815
  3. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Like really it was an accident and it's been an year, was a fresh premium player and I lost connection to the server after a while when I was in the server and I lost the gamble. I gave the guy a craftable salty dog instead of the ref we were gambling for. Is it that much of a problem? :eek:
  4. NCPereira

NCPereira New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:35293815
    Yes, you made an agreement and you did not uphold it.
  5. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Though it's the same price, many people buy craft hats for 1 ref - 1.22 and back then it was the same (when keys were 2.33 - 2.66)
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you dont see anything wrong with what you did, I cant grant the appeal.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
    2 week notice to followup.
  8. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Of course I did something wrong... but I didn't even know how spycrabbing worked back then and I'm really no longer a threat at all
  9. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Also... I don't really find it fair that I still have my banned mark that's almost 4 years old and this guy http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198166492015 who has 2 report threads with proof and scammed multiple tf2 unusuals still has a clean reputation. I really hope someone can lift this ban off, I was really stupid back then.
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    I do appeals, not reports, dragging other unrelated cases that may or may not have merit into your own thread is definitely not helping you at all. Its called deflecting. So far, you have not given me any reason at all to lift the ban.
  11. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I'm sorry for bringing in another person and I did something bad without even knowing the consequences, I was new to trading and this steamrep ban scarred my reputation as an ex-trader and also couldn't use multiple tf2 trading sites and had to ask friends to find trade pages for some of the items I wanted to buy with my own money. All over 1 ref that I paid back with a hat before my ban even kicked in.

I honestly don't know why I've gotten so much fuss over that. There was no middleman, nothing. There's still actual scammers that aren't marked on steamrep at all, and can use trading sites whenever they want. Welp. Thanks for your time.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    I cannot knowingly unban someone who does not understand what they did was wrong, you sound very similar in attitude to right after they gave you the benefit of the doubt and unbanned you, only for you to turn around and have them slap the ban back on due to your poor attitude and complaining over the situation. I would rather eject this case and focus my time/effort on other ones that require more due diligence, but you sound the same today as you did back then.
  13. Zip

Zip Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Such bad moderation. This is like stealing a chocolate bar irl and getting 4 years of prison and after you do your time you still have cuffs on your hands because apparently I should be restricted from doing anything for stealing 13 cents, 4 years ago, when I was fourteen years old. Of course I'm behaving the same way I did before, because even though I DID do an unintentional scam, my case was managed poorly.
    I don't recall ever getting unbanned or actually, getting ANY attention about this case. Now that I'm still rejected after 1372 of ISOLATION from every trading site I could possibly name, and had to create and alt account only to log into tf2outpost and search for an item so I wouldn't bug my friends with it, I've come to the conclusion that I'm going to give up on trying to get unbanned. I apologized, paid the dude back with a hat worth more than the pot we were on about, tried to appeal for 2 whole years, but nothing works. I'm still being looked down upon by everyone because I'm marked as a scammer on steamrep. Anyhow, thanks for coming back to this old thread. Have a good day.