1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198054873634 (Bunneh)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS, Jun 22, 2012.

1. MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS

MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:162059
    I have nothing to hide, so i thought i would post this recent trade i made via Bunneh adding me from outpost.

If you wanna read it all feel free, the general summery is. His words after selling it to me, more or less; "I want to sell you an unusual that i scammed inorder to get you scam tagged"

I offered to return the hat, and the money, he refused.

Really dont know what to make of it, but as you can see from my long history of rep. I run legit, ALWAYS.

My 16 pages of pure paypal rep: http://tf2-trader.com/index.php?topic=6883.0

The conversaion:

Page 1: http://gyazo.com/e20bec5d00dc59814369da0deb01dfb4

page 2: http://gyazo.com/66efd158b06ec5f4b84cdeccd00707ff

page 3: http://gyazo.com/743f82cfcdf89a693012ce72656dbf3f

Scammer(as he claims)

steamID: Bunneh
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:47303953
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054873634
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198054873634
  2. MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS

Steam:
    With the admins permission, i can try and get the money back via paypal, and return this hat to the poor guy that got scammed. (I.E. i dont wanna get tagged for disputing the charge via paypal) I really dont know what to do, so i would like the helpfull advice.
  3. MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS

Steam:
    i mistyped, to clear it up, the statement at the top should say "I wanted..." (as he already sold it to me, then told me what he did) For some reason you cant edit posts here...
  4. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:12759940
    If you unknowlingly received a scammed item it is not your fault and not much can be done about that - just have to move on. However if you scam a scammer, you will be treated as a trader that scams - so I would strongly suggest you do not do any chargebacks. At the time you traded with Bunneh's alt it was not tagged - very fortunate for you. Since then that alt is now tagged.
  5. Pillowy

Pillowy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29687209
    > You've bought scammed unusuals before from marked scammers
    > I told you multiple times to check the unusual
    > For such a huge name in trading you should know that Charging me back would be scamming

I will post logs of him buying scammed unusuals from marked scammers shortly.
  6. MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS

Steam:
    Thank you, i will not be disputing the charge, as per your advice. I thought i would just ask, as it would be nice to return it to the poor soul that lost it :/

Feel free, you'll be wasting your time, i have screenshot logs of ANY and all paypal trades ive ever done.

Sorry that you feel you have it in for me :/ Good luck to you in your witch hunt.
  7. Pillowy

Pillowy New User

Steam:
    Not really a waste of time i have it logged on my other computer, will post it immediately when i unpack it.
  8. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    I'd advise you chargeback erc after you return the hat to the person who was originally scammed. This would effectively undo the original scam that erc perpetrated. If you return the hat and chargeback erc, it's like nothing ever happened.
  9. MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS

Steam:
    After i return it? no. It would have to be if the dispute worked of course. Im not going to eat 70$ because someone doesnt know how to check rep threads.
    I would be willing to(if all admins agreed) do a dispute, and keep the admins up to date on the dispute of charge, and prove the final result via skype.
  10. Pillowy

Pillowy New User

Steam:
    Hey pals, Read what noobinator said don't do the chargeback. I talked to Noobinator on steam and charging me back would still be considered scamming.
    You'll have to excuse JJJ he's new around here.
    Bunneh: him charging me back would be scamming
    Bunneh: Just saying
    † cYa † |☠Noobιηator☠275pals: yeah - not ok to scam a scammer
  11. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    As opposed to keeping stolen property when he's fully capable of returning everything to the way it was before you scammed?
    Seems like an obvious choice to me.
  12. MrPeepers S> 30+ UNUSUALS

Steam:
    Im with Jonah, but it has to be agreed apon by all admins of SR, not just 1 sadly.
  13. Pillowy

Pillowy New User

Steam:
    He'd still be scamming me, Know your own rules. Noob stated it was scamming, He's alot more experienced than you. Also the Moneys already long gone.
  14. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:

Lets play a game called Paypal TOS:

You've already violated the Paypal TOS by selling stolen items.
    You entrapped Peepers into paying for items he clearly did not know where stolen, it's now his digression to do whatever. Have fun being 70$ in debt.
  15. Pillowy

Pillowy New User

Steam:
    Irregardless, Noob said not to do it > He overpowers you aswell. The PP Im using is linked to a bank thats not mine and if he charges back it will show up as him charging back the bank account that will raise actual legal issues. Aswell your violating SR policies scamming a scammer. Using PayPal to find loopholes does not justifies him scamming me
  16. Scalia

Scalia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:6523098
    If Peepers does what he must do to reverse a transaction that is in violation of his contractual agreement with Paypal, I can assure you he will not be marked a scammer.

SteamRep will not interfere with or discourage anyone from taking lawful and legally available remedies under contract or by law.

Thank you. This thread is closed.
  17. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Peepers - I am senior to these two more junior admin and for now what I said - if you scam a scammer, for now you will be held accountable as we do not encourage vigilanteism - you will be treated as accountable sir.
  18. Jailbait

Jailbait New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26285681
    Noobinator is absolutely right. You need to report Eric Etiger, that's Eric Stiger- [email protected] PayPal. I'm sure we would be happy to assist you with evidence.

SR is a scammer database, we don't endorse or facilitate taking action against scammers without authority. That authority lies with PayPal, your respective banks and VALVe.
  19. Noobinator

Noobinator Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    SteamRep rules can be found here and that is how we enforce:
    Doesn't matter if you or I or anyone else feels it is right or wrong - if you break these rules and we can tag for that. There are no situations saying it is ok to chargeback or scam scammers.

http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/
  20. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    *edit: nvm that, I refer to noobi after talking with him.