1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided 76561198055208615 - (▲ / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Mister Plupf, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Mister Plupf

Mister Plupf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57448742
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198055208615 (▲)

Victim profile: 76561198075163212

What happened? Description:
    Everything is listed on the screenshots.
    I have TF2 Trade open. I'm selling an earbud for 45$ and he tried to use a fake account as middleman. After I told all that, he changed the "middlemans" name, of course to some "asdfgh" blabla and deleted me.

The FAKE "Middlemans" thingies

| steamname: wuvs [dota2traders.com]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:55556498
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198071378725
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/vuws
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198071378725

The REAL Middleman thingies

| steamname: wuvs [dota2traders.com]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:5564026
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197971393781
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/wuvs
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197971393781

I think thats enough proof. Let me guys know if you need more, somehow.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47471443
    I just wanted to clear things up. First of all, he didn't show the second part of the chat where I explained what happened. I decided to buy the Earbuds off of this kid, and so he says I need to set up a middleman. So I find the wuvs guy on Steamrep middleman, and I copied his name to my clipboard, as I don't log into Steam in the browser. I was ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed and excited, so I just added the first guy that came up. Little did I know that this guy was an impostor. Yes, I know it was incredibly ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed of me to not confirm his identity or even care that he had a private profile, however I was caught up in the moment. I realize that if he had not been smarter than I, then we both probably would've gotten scammed, as I doubt he was impersonating him just to be a middleman. This could have ended badly, however there is no real reason to be reporting me because of it. I'm sure it looks like I own this account, but I do not. I probably deserve some kind of repercussion for risking this happening, but I don't feel it validates me getting a Steamrep ban. As I told him in the chat, I trade a lot and I wouldn't risk losing my unusuals and promos over a knife in CS:GO. I hope that this clears things up a bit. Whoever may be reviewing this case, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. I'll also be submitting a report for this fake middleman account momentarily.
  3. Mister Plupf

Mister Plupf New User

Steam:
    That's what I would say aswell. why didnt you make a screenshot of the other chat?
  4. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    Because I didn't know that you would be reporting me for something like this. After you repeatedly ignored my messages, I removed you. If I re-added you I could get it. I'm just trying to say that it's all a big misunderstanding, and I'm sorry I got you into this :/
  5. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    Hello! Please upload the evidence directly into the forum, using the upload file button, thanks!
  6. Mister Plupf

Mister Plupf New User

Steam:
    I've already uploaded them. What's the problem?
  7. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:

Use the "Upload a file" button.
  8. blake parker 329

blake parker 329 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65536684
    This guy have scam me but I cant go though the messages he said I give you the codes but you give me your unusual rimm first I agree because he said he has lot of rep but he blocked me a ran away the next day I found him on the server and told him I want my unusual back or people will report you he act like he didn't do nothin but he scam and try to act like he didn't if there any possible way you could look though my messages you code see it
  9. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    Hi, how would I go about getting this report taken down/denied? I believe it has been sorted out, and clearly Mister Plupf has no intention of pursuing this case further, as it has been nearly 6 months. I was stupid, and added the wrong middleman, and I acknowledge that I was endangering both of us by doing this, however I had no ill-intent.

Also, can the original poster of the thread take down/remove the report? If so, I will just add Mister Plupf and I'm fairly confident he'd be willing to take it down.

As for the blake guy, I literally have no idea who he is in the first place, and his incoherent paragraph leads me to believe he is nothing more than a troll.

Thanks.
  10. Mister Plupf

Mister Plupf New User

Steam:
    This hasn't been sorted out at all, since the mod didn't care about this thread. I clearly see the 3 Screenshots from the Chatlog (which has been uploaded with the "upload file button") and for some reason the mod doesn't. By the way, I have zero tolerance for scammers, so I will leave this thread just in case someone searches for your name and sees this thread as a "warning".
  11. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    The files are hosted in gyazo and not into the forums, please upload here
  12. Mister Plupf

Mister Plupf New User

Steam:
    There you go! Sorry, I forgot I linked it with Gyazo >_<

Attached Files:

13. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    While I respect your animosity for scammers, I still don't see why you continue to pursue this. I believe I have justified what happened. I added this account just by searching the name, and I ended up adding a fake middleman. Had you not caught it, one or both of us would have lost our items. I don't know how else I can prove to you that I was not involved, but I certainly am at fault for endangering both of us. Furthermore, why are you only pursuing me and yet not this other account? We have a more than plausible case for a middleman impersonation attempt. Is there any way that we could talk about this and try to sort out what happened further?
  14. Mister Plupf

Mister Plupf New User

Steam:
    Do you know how ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed that sounds? His profile was private, also when you added this guy, it was private. First rule for Middlemen are, no private profiles. I'm pursuing you because I think that you made this account.
  15. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    Allow me to re-quote my first reply to this, "Yes, I know it was incredibly ✿✿✿✿✿✿ed of me to not confirm his identity or even care that he had a private profile, however I was caught up in the moment."

I know this is a fairly common scam, and it looks pretty bad on my part, however I don't know how else I can assure you that I had no intent whatsoever to scam you. I seriously loathe scammers, and I know what it feels like to be scammed. It's like a part of your stomach just drops, and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Like I've said multiple times, I was stupid, I should have checked this guys profile, or even thought about it more, but I didn't, and had you not caught it, one or both of us would be out items. I thank you for catching this, but I don't really know what else I can do to prove that I didn't have the intention to scam you, or anyone for that matter.
  16. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    Mister Plupf, Sjru, its been nearly 8 months and nothing has come of it other than petty accusations. I feel I have my perception of this event crystal clear. I had no intent for anyone to get scammed, and I don't know how else I can assure you of this. Had I wanted to scam him, I would've just left the thread when it reached 'Needs more info.' I wish to resolve this matter, and expressed multiple times that I want go get into contact with one or both of you, and was ignored. Furthermore, no one was even scammed here. I was dumb, and Plupf saved both of us, however his anomosity is aimed at me instead of this false middleman. How should I go about expediting this, if there is a way?

Cheers.
  17. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    OK, since that's all you got I'll mark for review.
  18. thattriangleguy

thattriangleguy New User

Steam:
    Thank you Sjru, I appreciate it. To whoever may be reviewing this case, I'd like to say a few things. First, this account is not mine. As I said before, I just searched the name, saw the correct avatar, and added them. Also, plupf said in the chat, "I'm going to check his stuff 3 times" (See the screenshots he posted of our chat) so I was confident he would cease the transaction if it was the wrong guy. Boy, did he. This was 8 months ago, I was stupid, and I was super pumped about buying some more stuff to trade around with. I should of checked myself, and I acknowledge that I put both of our money/items in danger, but I had no intent to do so. I have been the one to revive this thread multiple times from the depths of 'Needs more info.' Plupf have not pursued this case, and only justified his report when I try to dismiss it. I know
    this looks pretty bad against me, and I would probably be pursuing this just as much as he has, if not more, had the roles been reversed. I don't know what else I can do to prove my innocence, other than to provide complete transparency and cooperation. Furthermore, I would like to restate that the trade did not even go through, so no one became a victim of this person, so far as we know. Thank you for your time, and I would like to extend my sincerest apologies to Plupf and those reviewing this case for causing this mess and taking up your time.