1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided 76561198055850855 - (mblr / [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by c313, Mar 9, 2014.

1. c313

c313 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:28037322
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198055850855 (mblr)

Victim profile: 76561198016340373

What happened? Description:
    So I am beginning to cash out on my TF2 keys. Made some trades on a few different Trading sites and met him from my trade on SteamTraders. He adds me and we discuss a trade, talk for a bit. Ultimately agree on 30 keys with me me going first with 15 with the other 15 after he sends the payment, which he never did, ultimately removing me and taking the 15 I gave him.

After I traded the keys I waited roughly 10 minutes before replying back to him, which he responded that he was taking a print screen. Gave a clearly edited Print Screen (it's in Portuguese but you can clearly see the date saying March 1st). After I confronted him about the clear editing on the print screen he asked me to give him the link back. Which it now just goes to the main Tinypic page (assuming he removed it and was just gonna question me on giving him a link that goes to the main page). I however had the Raw image link from it that still worked at the time. He began mentioning that there is another name on it and that it could be a Paypal bug or a different payment he sent on the 1st (Which makes no sense considering my Email is in the info boxes)

In the chat he said he is using his profile comments as Rep (I never . Usually go by this, but I also trust people based on their games / years on Steam). He has over 600 games and 2 years. Figured he would not want to risk this account. After the scam happened I searched him up on Steamtrades and saw that his Steam Trades contains a decent amount of rep, but the last page of it is a few negative comments from people he has scammed. 2 Reports on here for him but they got marked as invalid due to them being CD keys which Steam Rep does not handle reports for.

When I first traded his account I got the "Community Has Reported this user for Attempt Scams" which he claimed he got from people who scammed him. That honestly is possible, anyone can flag report you for attempt scamming for no reason (remember the time the TF2WH bots / Scrap.TF bots all had that community scam?) I was just blinded by his good Steam account and figured he had enough sense in him not to scam.

As I mentioned he has a decent account, over 600 games and had a good amount of SteamTrades rep. I guess he just decided to go rogue and cash out on his rep.

in the end he just said that "time will tell" and promptly removed me. Never asking for the other 15 keys (guess he was fine with scamming just 15).​

Provide Evidence:
    I will be uploading the pics in order of. Chat, Trade, Profile, Fake Paypal payment, and My Paypal History

Other evidence I will provide is his Steamtrades rep link, last page which shows the stammer comments he has received, and the reports made against him on this site (which are invalid cause they are for CD keys, but just showing that he is doing fraud trades)

SteamTrades Rep (last page his the scammer comments) http://www.steamtrades.com/user/mblr1/page/3

The raw image link of the original one that still exists:

The Steamrep reports (again these are marked as invalid due to them being CD key scam's, but just showing them as proof he is going around scamming)
    http://forums.steamrep.com/search/3399029/?q=mblr&o=date&c[node]=17

View attachment 58346 View attachment 58348 View attachment 58349 View attachment 58350 View attachment 58351 View attachment 58352 View attachment 58353 View attachment 58354

Attached Files:

2. c313

c313 New User

Steam:
    Forgot to post the raw image link of the original pic he sent me, but it redirects you to the upload (similar to the main link he sent me in chat after I told him of his error) So I assume after he removed the pic the links don't direct you to it. But I still took a screen cap of it that you can see in the attachment images

http://oi58.tinypic.com/2n0tvz4.jpg
  3. c313

c313 New User

Steam:
    Just wanted to say if there is anymore information needed please feel free to let me know and I will provide it
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!
  5. Sweet jP

Sweet jP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:65532613
    I don't know whether this guy is scamming or not but am one thing for sure. I got added by him coz he was looking to buy TF2 keys... my posted 15 keys limit for no rep buyer in my trade on steamtrades, so he asks me can i can 20-22 keys....
    so i asked for his steamtrade acc. and he denies of its use. i've uploaded my chatlog...
    This and other 2 post saved my ass thats what am thankful.

Attached Files:

6. c313

c313 New User

Steam:
    Clearly he is not using his Steam Trades Rep now that it is tarnished with people he scammed / attempted. There is 4 new -Reps on it since I made this report, 2 of which are done today.

Again tho if there is anymore information needed from me in regards to this appeal, please feel free to ask.
  7. here_soon

here_soon New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42316092
    The guy added me just now offering $30 for my Deadpool so I did some checks. He refuses to buy keys. Here is the screenshot of the chat if it means anything
    . [​IMG]
  8. Thame

Thame New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:260950
    He tryed to scamm me about a blizzard game too, i cancel payment after that
  9. hi u ok

hi u ok New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68665610
    He scammed my friend out of a bud, getting this bastard marked.