1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198059355194 ϟtryker™ (SR SCAMMER)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ϟtryker™, Apr 28, 2013.

1. ϟtryker™

ϟtryker™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49544733
    |steamID: ϟtryker™
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:49544733
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198059355194
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Stryker602
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198059355194

First i thank you for your time.
    The reason i got reported:
    To start with, a while back (about a week or so) i bought a noise maker koto with a lot of other things for about 20 keys (thinking i could turn a profit). I never checked if it was dirty or not and i accepted. I got scammed. I had no idea at the time or earlier today that is was dirty. I can explain to who ever is reading this that the pictures the person who reported me provided were altered to be in his favor. As one can tell that he edited out the side bar so you could not see that it was current - this shows that i answered some of his questions in a way that made it look like it was an intentional scam. When he was asking me if the koto was clean or dirty i did not know what that means. I later asked him and he told me. When he asked what offers i have gotten on it i believe i said 1.2 buds, this was so because i have seen them go for that much. when he asked if my noise maker was clean i said "yeah that is what i bought it for" meaning that i bought a clean noise maker koto the last picture (http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/attempted-scammer-stryker-3-png.12996/) does not really relate or help. Again as i said i didn't know what clean was then till he explained it to me. i believe that i explained myself and how this was a misunderstanding and the pictures he posted were altered to be in the favor of me being marked. As i know that this will probably be declined (from what i heard a lot do) i just wish that the needing of proof equaled the process of an appeal.
  2. ϟtryker™

ϟtryker™ New User

Steam:
    Also as i stated above i had no idea i was scamming him, I have no screenshots cause if i did wouldn't that mean i was expecting to be here now?
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @ϟtryker™,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #7: What are Alts

Can you please provide the full trade history from the day you made this trade, taken from within your Steam browser? To access your inventory history, hover over your name in the Steam window, and click Inventory. Click More -> View Inventory History.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. ϟtryker™

ϟtryker™ New User

Steam:
    Ok, its been like 2 years since then and i don't know what i'm looking for... all i remember is that i was marked for very minimal evidence presented. I dont even know when i made a trade with a noise maker and i certainly do not know the tf2 prices anymore. Please let me know what i can do, before all the websites that used steamrep instantly banned me when i signed in which lead me to quit trading.
  5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @ϟtryker™,

Required Steam Settings for this exercise:
    • Open the Steam Browser by double clicking the steam icon in the tray in lower right corner of your screen.
    • On top left, open menu "Steam" and select "Settings".
    • On the new Settings dialog box, select "Interface" and enable the tick in front of "Display Steam URL address bar when available".
    • Click "OK" to close the Steam Settings dialog, applying the setting.
    To find your trade history:
    • Open the Steam Browser by double-clicking the Steam icon in your tray.
    • In the Steam Browser, go to your Inventory, by clicking your Nickname in the top middle and selecting "Inventory"
    • On top right, click the "More" button that is shown above the game labels for the various inventories you have, and select "View Inventory History".
    • Inventory history is divided into pages; this trade happened a while so it'll be pretty far back, but it should still be there. I can still see trades as far back as 2012.
    • As you said above, the item was a noise maker koto, so look for that.
    Take a screenshot of your inventory history page with that particular trade visible, and upload it as an attachment in your next reply.
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @ϟtryker™,

We are still waiting for a response from you. The time period granted to you to provide the aforementioned information is 7 days. If an admin checks the appeal after this period of time has passed and no information is provided, the appeal may be closed. In most cases this will count as a "loss of interest" and no re-appeal will be granted.

Your tag has been conditionally downgraded from BANNED to a CAUTION. Please reply with the requested evidence, per my instructions above. You may add me on Steam if you are having trouble. The evidence we need is:

Screenshot of your trade history from the day you received the Koto Noisemaker.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @ϟtryker™,

After interviewing with you on Steam, I am granting your appeal and removing the tag due to insufficient evidence for offense and lack of clear intent to scam.

Please read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #25: Your appeal was granted, what now?

Hidden Content: