1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Evidence Provided 76561198070709789 - (StrifeN / [Steam] Steam Games)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Bournestorm, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Bournestorm

Bournestorm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49481455
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Fake items or item duplication
    Virtual item type involved: [Steam] Steam Games

Accused profile: 76561198070709789 (StrifeN)

Victim profile: 76561198059228638

What happened? Description:
    The other day I decided to finally purchase the game DayZ, and, like most games I buy, planned on doing so with TF2 keys bought off the Steam Market traded for the game.

I went onto TF2Outpost.com and browsed around until I found someone selling a copy of DayZ for 10 keys, which, naturally, seemed like a good deal - so I added him. I then bought 10 keys off the Steam market with my own recently restocked wallet funds. I confirmed with him in chat that he was selling a copy of DayZ for 10 TF2 keys, and we traded: 10 TF2 keys for 1 copy of DayZ for Steam. Everything went smooth and quick, a very nice trade.

HOWEVER, this morning Steam support notified me that they revoked my copy of DayZ because of problems with where my copy had come from...
    I've of course submitted a support ticket to dispute the revoking of my copy of DayZ, considering I essentially paid for it with my own Steam wallet funds (Support ticket attached)

I then decided to look into the player I had bought the copy of DayZ off of. His profile was now private, and he had changed his name slightly. I checked out his Outpost profile and found a trade he had posted, and in the comments section there were a few other players claiming they too were scammed by him and had their copies of the games they had bought off him, revoked.

In summary, this player has been somehow using illegitimate copies of DayZ and Rust and selling them in exchange for keys, scamming multiple people.

Attached is my Steam Support ticket, and a screenshot of my Tf2outpost.com report ticket.

Steam Support Ticket: https://support.steampowered.com/view.php?ticketref=7447-QIZV-0567

Outpost Report: http://www.tf2outpost.com/ticket/595388

Screenshots of both attached.

If any further information is required to mark this user, please do not hesitate to contact me via email at: [email protected]
    or via my Steam profile etc​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello!!!
    Thank you for your report! An SR admin will review yours in a while!
  3. SickJoce

SickJoce New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41841044
    Can Confirm! 2 Copies Rust and Dayz got revoked. Why is steam punishing end users and not the real guy himself.
    Bournestorm likes this.
  4. DenwaOtoko

DenwaOtoko New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41956311
    On the same boat as OP, wishing the best for all of us. Hopefully I can go back to bashing rocks in Rust, and dying of hunger on DayZ.
    Bournestorm likes this.
  5. aLucard®

aLucard® New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20602186
    Bumping,scammed me for a copy of Rust,same as OP.
    Bournestorm likes this.
  6. Eric Clapton's Cocaine

Eric Clapton's Cocaine New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41752715
    I also bought rust from the same guy and had it revoked
    Bournestorm likes this.
  7. Bournestorm

Bournestorm New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49481455
    Wow, just rechecked this and was happy to see people supporting - thanks!

For those of you also scammed, Steam got back to me after about a week and refunded the keys that I traded for my copy of DayZ :D
    Sadly I don't believe the guy has been marked yet, but he is banned from Outpost