1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198074016504

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ~☆Farty☆~, Aug 1, 2013.

1. ~☆Farty☆~

~☆Farty☆~ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:49950611
    Victim:
    | steamname: Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:39960852
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198040187432
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/marckythesnowman
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198040187432

Scammer:
    | steamname: PureVatten
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:56875388
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198074016504
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198074016504

I'm reporting on behalf of my friend, Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi. He received an offer for his NNB Waxy (Reference to 2.png), as shown from the picture, a supposedly "Halloween Painted Spectral Spectrum" hat for his unusual. The guy posted that it was painted that paint and that it doesn't show ingame and such. (Reference to 1.png) Now, my friend here is new to unusual trading and since we frequently use bp.tf (We becasue we consult each other before doing a trade or sealing a deal) to check prices, we priced it 18 keys, bp.tf price. Believing the guy, my friend traded his unusual for it. Now, after the trade, we noticed a stark decrease in bp value for my friend. Suspecting something was wrong, I went to check tf2 items fior the history of the hat and it did not show up. Also, backpack.tf did not have an item history for the hat. That aside, when hats are painted a halloween paint, there would be this text underneath the hat stating it is painted, though however, (Reference to 6.png) the item stated nothing but a mere description, totally no painted item descrpition or such. If there is no way to prove that there is a item paint stated underneath the name, refer to 7.png. It shows a unusual medic mountain cap painted a halloween spell stated in its description. Do note that i do not own that hat.

3.png and 4.png shows the trade of items. The NNB waxy went to the scammer, and the supposedly painted halloween spell hat went to my friend. If more info is required, please do check the history of the hat.

From this we can see the guy scammed my friend by providing flase info about his hat resulting in my friend's loss. I do hope this matter is handled justly and the admins will see to this scammer being stopped. Thanks.

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      47.1 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      54.4 KB
      Views:
    • 6.png
      6.png
      File size:
      204.7 KB
      Views:
    • 7.png
      7.png
      File size:
      451.5 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      135.2 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      125.3 KB
      Views:
  2. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Hi, can you have the victim post here to confirm this report is accurate, as well as posting a screenshot of his inventory history. Thanks!:)
  3. ~☆Farty☆~

~☆Farty☆~ New User

Steam:
    Unfortunately sir, I'm unable to get a screenshot of my friends inventory showing he had the item. However, i believe the trade proves that he already owned that hat. I also took a screenshot of the items history in tf2 outpost of both my friend's trade which shows he was selling the item together with the history at the side (Refer to 8.png) 11.png shows that the same hat is now in the scammer's backpack. 9.png and 10.png respectively show that the item that the scammer used to scam my friend, a gen respectless rubber glove, is in my friends inventory while the NNB waxy is now in the scammer's inventory. I hope this information is sufficient. Once again, many thanks!

Attached Files:

• 8.png
      8.png
      File size:
      94.9 KB
      Views:
    • 9.png
      9.png
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
    • 10.png
      10.png
      File size:
      308.8 KB
      Views:
    • 11.png
      11.png
      File size:
      139.3 KB
      Views:
  4. ~☆Farty☆~

~☆Farty☆~ New User

Steam:
    Also, the victim is currently away, i have informed him to post a reply on this thread tomorrow or later tonight when he comes back home. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  5. ~☆Farty☆~

~☆Farty☆~ New User

Steam:
    Actually, scrap my previous message on saying not having a screenshot on his inventory history, i didn't realise backpack.tf had an backpack history tab. 12.png and 13.png shows my friend's bp with the unusual. 14.png shows the scammer backpack with the glove itself. Note the date was 31 July for 14.png, showing he had the glove and my friend's backpack date was set to 30 July, as there was no changes to his bp on 31 July. Pardon my mistakes as i'm new to reporting, thanks!

Attached Files:

• 12.png
      12.png
      File size:
      293.6 KB
      Views:
    • 13.png
      13.png
      File size:
      389.9 KB
      Views:
    • 14.png
      14.png
      File size:
      374.3 KB
      Views:
  6. Zero-One

Zero-One New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58501861
  7. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349

Inventory history can be found by going to your steam profile-> inventory-> view inventory history (top right). Note that nobody else can see another person's inventory history, hence why the victim needs to upload a screenshot of his inventory history here when he is confirming this report.
  8. ~☆Farty☆~

~☆Farty☆~ New User

Steam:
    How do i edit my post?
    And is the following below sufficient?

Code:
    PureVatten: yea sure
    Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi: could i see it
    Pure Vatten: It doesn't say its painted, that is what happens with halloween paints
    Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi: ok gimme a min to think about it
    PureVatten: Just look on the pricelist and you will see how much it is
    Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi: Sure i'll take it
    Pure Vatten: Ok trade me
  9. Cook Snowy :D

Cook Snowy :D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39960852
    Hey guys, I'm the victim of this scam. I had unknowingly trusted the scammer seeing he had a decent rep on his profile page, and there went my one year of hard work trading for my first unusual. I had attempted to add him back and persuade him to return the unusual in exchange for taking down this report. It seemed he had blocked all communications with me. Anyway, here's the requested picture of my inventory history.

Just asking, what would happen to his account or reputation if this report goes through?

Attached Files:

• 15.png
      15.png
      File size:
      349.8 KB
      Views:
  10. Zero-One

Zero-One New User

Steam:
    Posting here is fine,
  11. Zero-One

Zero-One New User

Steam:
    Hey there!
    If you have anymore information on the reported scammer, please make your own report.
  12. Cook Snowy :D

Cook Snowy :D New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:39960852
    I think I'm out of information... Thanks for your assistance Zero-One :)
  13. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
  14. ~☆Farty☆~

~☆Farty☆~ New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

• 16.png
      16.png
      File size:
      398.8 KB
      Views:
    • 17.png
      17.png
      File size:
      81.1 KB
      Views:
    • 18.png
      18.png
      File size:
      107 KB
      Views:
  15. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    Backpack.tf does in fact show Halloween spells
    An admin will review this report shortly

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  16. Dr. Water

Dr. Water New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56875388
    Hi, it is the scammer here
    I am deeply sorry for what I have done, I didn't expect it to get out of hand. I am posting this to let you know that I have added Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi (The victim) we talked, and I have agreed to give back 11 keys (the price of the unusual) I am sorry for the hurt I have caused, and, want to thank Tsukiko Tsutsukakushi for being so nice in forgiving me.
  17. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
  18. Xenophobia

Xenophobia Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20973413
    Hello, ~☆Farty☆~.

I sincerely apologize for the time it has taken to process this report. I have taken the necessary actions against the accused.
    Thank you.

I still have to ban you. Why? I obviously can't act on word alone. If you see this, add me and post on my profile so I don't auto-decline you. I will take a look at whatever evidence you can give me proving your innocence.
    Thanks.