1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted 76561198076081068 KingBoo (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by KingBoo, Aug 5, 2013.

1. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57907670
    | steamname: KingBoo
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:57907670
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076081068/
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/snowz16/
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198076081068

Hi I am looking to appeal my tag as scammer. I have been mistaken to be an alt account of a player on my friends list and i can assure you that I am not. The player that I am accused of being his alt account is LAXBOSS. I admit to having tried to scam a couple of times but when I did I didnt get any items from any other players for free. I am just playing tf2 after a long break because of this and am trying to get back into serious trading. Because of my tag i cannot do this and just want to set things right and be able to go on trade servers again. Thank you for your time and please take in mind that I am not LAXBOSS' alt account because of the fact that we were on the same server at the same time several times. Thanks again hope my appeal helped straiten things out.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  2. Delbrace

Delbrace Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:37547440
    Do you have any form of proof that he is the alt?
  3. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    I haven't seen any evidence proving that I am his alt account either so i don't really know how i got even marked as it.
  4. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    I've had this appeal up since last year and have yet to get a verdict, if you could reply to me soon that would be great.
  5. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    Why have I not been unbanned yet? I did nothing wrong and still got banned and I don't know what evidence you have that says I ever scammed anyone. If and admin could please reply and help me soon that would be really nice.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    You inherited the tag for being found a alt of that account. Therefore you are appealing vs being tagged as a alt of that account, and will have to make an argument as to how you got linked with that account exactly, and when your appeal is taken, we will check if your explanation is matching with what we see in our logs.

Hence there is no reports versus your account, because the reports where against your alt.
  7. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    Can i just get untagged as the alt then? I have no connection to that account besides being friends with it.
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    do you visit him with your laptop or he you, and play/trade at eachothers houses etc?
  9. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    I had played TF2 with him over the internet but never went to his house and played/traded with him.
  10. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    Is there anymore questions you have for me?
  11. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    It would be nice if I could get a response soon thanks!
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @KingBoo,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #4: Watch your appeal thread
    #7: What are Alts
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #15: Bumping your appeal.
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #19: Usage of your account by friend/family.
    #20: Status of your appeal.

read the rest too. Don't expect your appeal to be handled before its turn is.
  13. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    I appealed over a year ago when is it my turn?
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    You could have read that in above linked topic. Either get useful, or get a topic lock, your choice.
  15. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    Is there anything I can do to help?
  16. Knucklejoe

Knucklejoe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46918739
    At this point, probably not. Wait it out, your turn will come eventually.
    In the meantime, why not mark this thread as watched so you can be notified when someone posts here? Just click the watch thread link in the upper right.
  17. KingBoo

KingBoo New User

Steam:
    Im really wanting to get into trading again and if I could get this topic resolved as soon as possible that would be awesome! This is my first reply in over a week and am just trying to get this resolved.
  18. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Told you so. Topic locked till an admin takes on the appeal.
  19. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Due to the time this appeal has been pending w/o admin(s) addressing and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be downgraded to a caution.
    You have been given a exceedingly rare second chance, make sure to stay clear of being tagged again.
    Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

Appeal granted.

Further shared connections with said user may be considered defacto alts and subsequent appeals may be invalidated for "not an alt" reasoning.