1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected 76561198076888050 Twisted_kid (SR Scammer)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Twisted_Kid, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:58311161
    (Incorrectly tagged "scammer")
    |steamID: Twisted_Kid
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:58311161
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198076888050
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Twisted_kid_
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198076888050

(Incorrectly named "victim")
    |steamID: Docks
    |steamID32: STEAM_0:0:10616294
    |steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197981498316
    |customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/docks
    |steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197981498316

Description:On the 16th of January 2013 an accusation was made against myself that i attempted a charge back on on virtual items purchased from Mr Smith (Docks). The charge back was in actual fact for not receiving physical items i had purchased from him on the 4th of January. As i am sure you are fully aware under article 19 "Online defamation (Feb 2000)" it is unlawful to accuse a person of being a or attempting to scam another person of there "physical" items. There is no such law in your country or mine (Uk) that states you can be accused of virtual scamming with out solid evidence to support it (screen shots that can be edited are not classed as evidence in the court of law) I have one of the largest credit card company's in the world and one of the largest banks in Europe accepting the fact that the items i purchased from Mr Smith were never received to my home address as agreed. I am therefore insisting for the label "scammer" to be removed from my name, if this is not done i have already made contact with my legal advisors and im more than prepared to have all the people involved for labeling me a "scammer" summoned for liable damages. Please do not think for one second im not financially prepared to clear my name using any means at my disposal.
    Regards.
  2. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:1874586
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41774078
    Although I am not a member of SteamRep staff in any form, the case against you seemed fairly clear-cut in terms of you charging back for TF2 items you bought. As physical items were not mentioned in any single part of that report, perhaps you should provide some proof of this claim rather than slinging around threats of legal action.
  4. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    The evidence i have will not be posted on this website as it contains personal information, only a fool would do so, i am more than happy to provide this to an admin via pm, however if you have any knowledge on the law which you clearly don't its not for the accused to provide information but the accuser. As i stated above screen shots can been edited, the documents i sent to my bank and visa can not be edited, very big difference there, also id like to add there are no threats of legal action, its pending on the slanderous tag being removed from my name.

Regards
  5. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    In the eyes of SteamRep, the accuser (Docks) provided proof that was deemed acceptable within SteamRep's rules to stamp your profile with a scammer tag. In this appeal, you are now accusing Docks of not having sent you physical items that the 55 pounds was for, so it seems that you should be providing proof that the 55 pounds was indeed for physical goods that you never received, rather than the TF2 items that Docks' screenshots show.
    Also, under the law, 'slander' is oral defamation, not written/typed, so it's more of a libelous tag in this case.
  6. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    Its defamation and the laws in Australia and the Uk differ. A brief outline for you to educate yourself on.

This Order brought into force on 28 February all the provisions of the Defamation Act 1996 which apply in England and Wales and which have not so far been brought into force, with the exception of the repeal of paragraph 3 of Schedule 20 to the Broadcasting Act 1990. Sections 2-4 make provision for offers to make amends by way of correction and apology and to pay compensation; s7 provides for applications to the court at any time after service of the particulars of claim to obtain decisions as to possible meanings of alleged statements; and ss8-11 introduce summary disposal of claims where the claimant is not seeking more than £10,000 damages. The Civil Procedure (Amendment) Rules 2000 (see p38) have introduced a new CPR Part 53 – Defamation Claims, supplemented by a practice direction (Defamation Claims) which also came into effect on 28 February. Previously defamation claims were governed by RSC Order 82, preserved in Schedule 1 to the CPR which has now been revoked.

My claim like i said in my opening statement will be under section 19 of the 2000 order "Online defamation" which was successfully passed to prevent people having defamatory labels placed upon them.

Regards
  7. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    I would also like to take this opportunity to say to anyone else that has been labeled a scammer by this site to take legal action if your financially able to do so. Websites like these seem to have the belief there a law unto them selfs. The evidence they deem to class as satisfactory to label a person a scammer is far short from what any a liable court or law court would except. They are not law makers or jury's and DO NOT have the right unless lawfully proved to call/label or class a person a scammer.
  8. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Wic provided me of some screenshots and text transcript of a email, that you gave him. Which where NOT from the said "accuser" but from a different, unknown email account.
    - No proof of a email on purchase
    - There was no other "55" dollar transfer in the list that this could be applied on
    - You had a number of trades with him, in the range of 10-15 at least.

On the "slander" blah. https://www.eff.org/issues/bloggers/legal/liability/defamation
    - There was no false statement by SR.
    - There was no negligence or malice, the "statement" is to warn other users of steam of a specific user to not attempt to trade with offender, for their cash/items are at risk. The report was done with the proof provided within our guidelines. Also, more proof was found, via tertiary sites, like backpack histories etc. In such, SR was not negligent for they VERIFIED the provided proof.

Established facts from the report:
    - You paid 55 dollar for virtual goods.
    - The named virtual items DID get transferred to your backpack around that date.
    - You tried to or did charge back the 55 dollar. (it doesn't matter to us if it was a attempt or a success, the attempt is to try to succeed)

SR merely warns other Steam users if the proof is acceptable, after verification with other means.

Credit Card companies are known to not agree with digital trading as happens here with steam vs paypal. They really demand that "proof of sending" stuff, if not provided, they charge back. As such cannot be done on virtual items, there is little defense possible for a seller against a charge back, as proven in this case.

Virtual items are in most western countries lawfully the same as physical items. For such encompass digital content like items in TF2/Dota2, or items in other game economies or applications. As their worth is a trade-able goods that ppl trade amongst themselves for established prices, those items are a legal commodity, as in, they can be marked as been "stolen" etc. In this, it doesn't matter that Valve doesn't SUPPORT the trades happening like that. That is a limitation in their support to Steam Users, not a legal limitation of disallowing them to trade for real life money, which they cannot.

You forged that email you provided to Wic. I didn't see any form of purchase receipt or confirmation on you ordering "physical goods" via some "system" from Docks, where he would have to check his "stock" or w/e afterwards. You actually received those TF2 items in your backpack FROM Docks steam account around that date. So this appeal is going downhill fast.

Feel free to report yourself to the police for wire fraud. I'm sure all involved parties (Credit Card company, Valve for full item transaction logs, PayPal, Google, etc) are more then willing to provide their information/logs to the authorities to get you locked behind bars. That Credit Card companies have a legal requirement to only accept tracking/tracing delivery of goods, and can therefore not accept the transaction of virtual goods, doesn't mean you are "right". Its just not worth it for most ppl to actual go after a mere 55 dollar trade with legal actions, for their time, efforts etc can be better spend a lot better.

Threatening with legal claims is useless. It only would if SR would actually mark ppl without any base, which isn't the case. Errors are corrected via the appeal system, which is another proof of SR's care of their site and tags to be correct, and prevent malice of reporters, therefore there is no negligence on SR's side. The appeal system ensures that the innocent get unmarked, or by lack of evidence supporting the tag gets unmarked.

Also, SR has in their FAQ that they are more then willing to work with law enforcement in providing any information on case-by-case basis. Would love to see that. SR does advice on the higher value scam's to report it to the authorities.

So either provide actual "proof" of your claim, or get out.
    wic likes this.
  9. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    You have done a fantastic job there, directly accusing me of fraud with 0 evidence, what a silly little man you are, your statement is pathetic at best. After speaking to my solicitor for 20 minutes today and being advised i can take civil action for defamatory remarks you then expect me to listen to someone who clearly does not have a legal background and who calls "proof" screen shots that a 8 year old could fabricate. My discussion with you is over but the matter of you falsely accusing me of fraud most certainly isn't.
    You can attempt to amend your statement but i have a copy i will be forwarding to my solicitor first thing tomorrow.
    Thanks for making my case a good one.

Regards
  10. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    Oh and id also like to point out your link is to an American website you wolly! Try looking up the definition in the United Kingdom.
  11. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

try to guess where SR is hosted...
    HelenAngel likes this.
  12. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    If I am not mistaken, the "proof" you gave me was forwarded by YOU using your e-mail adress (the one you used to verrify your PayPal account with).
    YOU also provided me with a screenshot, so unless you fake those, I am assuming you didn't even bother to read what DataStorm was talking about.

As far as your "case" goes, I can provide you with evidence you aquired the items Docks gave you the day you payed those mysterious psychal goods (But then again, you were buying psychal items, pretty sure you have 1. the confirmation mail of your order; 2. the mail telling you the order was processed; 3. the mail of your arrival status).
    I can provide you trying to sell those traded virtual goods on official sites which log ip adresses (yes, those can be used in lawsuits).

This is my one and final public post on your appeal btw, I will provide the admin researching this one with all conversations we had and evidence shown, as we agreed in our previous chats.

Hope you are enjoying this smacktalk for as long as you can.

Regards.
  13. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    The site is hosted in the US and that means what? You think you cant take legal action against people from over the pond? You really are quite dumb aren't you.
    Also your from the Netherlands so i guess that makes you immune? pmsl
  14. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    Vic do that my good man, like i said my legal representative will be dealing with this from now on, also id like it if you blotted out my personal info on the ebay statement i sent you as i am pretty sure i forgot to do so, just in case i have changed my passwords and made paypal aware of the fact you have my personal information on your pc.

Regards
  15. SudasGalva

SudasGalva New User

Steam:
    This will also be my last post, as I am content enough just to watch this with a bucket of popcorn. On a final note, I guess you don't know/particularly care that the person you insulted is not only a Whackamole champion, but one of the half-dozen administrators of this website.
    Also, I assume the point he was trying to make is that as SR is hosted in the US, it falls under American laws such as their definitions of defamation, but then again I'm not the Oxford-educated Queen's Bench barrister in this case so what do I know?
  16. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Kid tried to add me...I ignored, because:
    1. Appeal is not "Under Investigation" (see rules), its still pending, a admin might interview a appealer when its under investigation by admin request. In no way a admin or anybody else is obliged to have a chat beforehand or during. That it most often happens with a investigated appeal, isn't a guarantee.
    2. I've not taken this appeal on. Might be me, or preferably another admin that does.
    3. Any addition that he wants to provide, can be put here.
    4. I have nothing to say to 'm on steam chat, I see no need to talk.
  17. wic

wic New User

Steam:
    Got this in my SR inbox today:
    Not to sure if your team of lawyers will approve this though...

(Screenshot: http://screencast.com/t/NrIcJTMWCLW3 )
  18. Twisted_Kid

Twisted_Kid Banned

Steam:
    Its one lawyer and i am breaking no laws what so ever :), all the advise offered is legit as is all the software.
    By unfairly tagging people you give us no option but to find ways around your silly judge and executioner mentality.
    Myself and others are trolling your forums and advising all those that have been in are opinion unfairly tagged the means to start trading again 100% legit and in a way that means there is NO way you can link them to there original account. Just as there are ways of checking backpack history there are also ways (as i am sure the admins on this site are fully aware) of making it virtually impossible to link them to the new owners once they have been traded many many times. You may have the history but no means as to proof they were the owner of the said items when they received the tag or they have any knowledge of the fact a tagged owner owned the said items at one time or another, the only way you can protect against this would be to put a tag on every single person that owns an item that once belonged to someone who has a tag, that would mean tagging a huge amount of the steam community and increase your workload 10 fold :)
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Nah, you have some wrong impressions regarding that, but meh, no need to correct that. There is too much other issues with you already that needs "adjusting".

As you don't seem to have proof that would redeem yourself, or are not intending to provide such if you have (which I doubt), I'm locking the topic till a admin takes the case. Been nuff blah without any constructive.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  20. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.