1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined 76561198103418957 (Jacqués)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ArcaneVortex, Oct 15, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArcaneVortex

ArcaneVortex New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:56068800
    Victim
    Scammer
    Screenshots
    2013-10-14 21_21_27.png 2013-10-14 21_23_25.png 2013-10-14 21_54_14.jpg
    2013-10-15 22_52_47.jpg

Chat logs

Description
    I found him through his thread on steamtrades and we agreed to trade my IG Flashpoint Bundle for his HB Focus Interactive Bundle, all went well (I got a url from him and I claimed it successfully) until I checked my HB account a couple of days later only to find the said bundle missing from my account.

I contacted HB support and they told me it was removed because they payment was revoked. I contacted him and he said it was a "technical error" and bought me a new bundle, today I find that the new bundle also gone from my account. I had already claimed the steam keys and the games were added to my steam account, so technically I didn't lose anything but I'm afraid that person is committing some sort of credit card fraud.

He's basically buying bundles, selling the steam keys then a day later the payment gets revoked and no one notices anything since the keys are already activated. At least that's what I think anyways.

HB support were very understanding about the whole thing but I felt obligated to escalate this issue.

I don't know if what I provided here actually proves anything but I hope someone can actually investigate further.
  2. OnlyTwin

OnlyTwin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:20623660
    Same problem here. Traded with him for WB and Daedalic bundle and the next day they were both gone from my Humble Bundle library. He sent me another bundle links, which were gone a few hours later.
    He says it's because he buys a lot of bundles.
    I managed to reddem the steam keys, but lost access to drm-free games through Humble library, also not sure what will happen to my steam games.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.