1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197962850197 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by otreblA_SNAKE_ITA, Oct 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otreblA_SNAKE_ITA

otreblA_SNAKE_ITA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19128864
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197962850197

Victim profile: 76561197998523457

What happened? Description:
    I was selling an M4A1-S Knight (Factory New) - more than 80€ value in the Steam Market - and I've been added by this apparently trustworthy account. Since I don't have a big rep (usually I don't trade online and on Steam) and he had a very big +REP I've decided to be the first, he then asked me to trade with his "trading account" (an almost empty account named "qopa", his steamcommunity account is here: http://steamcommunity.com/id/gegewepee), then he took the item and I got no money...More infos in the video here:

Provide Evidence:
    Files Chat_1, Chat_2, Chat_3, Chat_4 show you the conversation I had with the "talker" account and then with the "trader" account.

The "Chronology" pics show you my trade with the "trader" (qopa) account (before in the description I linked also his account)

The "Paypal" pic makes you see my empty Paypal account

The "Scammer 1st" and "2nd" account pics show you his accounts' pics.

I link again also here a global video I've recorded and commented:

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Can you please provide the full SteamRep block of the 2nd account? To get it, go to your inventory history, find the trade in question, click their name, right-click the profile page, copy the URL, and paste that into steamrep.com. Copy and paste the block of text from the profile that comes up into this report.
    otreblA_SNAKE_ITA likes this.
  3. otreblA_SNAKE_ITA

Steam:
    Here it is :)

Anyway, here are the informations of the second account!

| steamname: Unknown
    | steam3ID: [U:1:182969436]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:91484718
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198143235164
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198143235164

I know other people reported that guy before (not here in Steamrep), but he hasn't still been banned...I've read that he was called "pfFX" some time ago, a guy who stole a lot of money to other steam users...Why the hell he hasn't sill been banned?
  4. Jey

Jey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:57502688
    Hello guys, i can only confirm all the statements above, the guy is a only big scammer.

I was looking for Fallout 3 GOTY and Fallout 3 New vegas (at Steam Traders group), he contacted me directly, offered me exchange for Black Ops 2 (all the games should be as game keys). After i sent him key for Black Ops 2 first, he stopped any replying. After this i asked my friend to check the code (he could give me another code, if this one would not be activated by scammer) But the code is already activated by the scammer. Not exactly at this his account, but he used it or sold it..

here is profile of scammer: http://steamcommunity.com/id/0099090909009

WHY I LET MYSELF SCAMMED? HE HAD PROFILE WITH AROUND 100+ POSITIVE (ONLY POSITIVE) COMMENTS AT HIS STEAMWALL. When i asked for STEAMTRADES.com rep, he said he has not any, yet.. so i trusted.. and i made a mistake by that.

I learned a lesson, but we need to protect CUSTOMERS, PAYING CUSTOMERS and PAYING GAMERS against this kind of scammers ! So steam REPRESENTATIVES, TAKE ACTION PLS !

Only suspicous thing, that i have found after he scammed me, was his PROFILE - NICKNAME CHANGES: he changed nickname also right after he scammed me from "GloXr" to "WantToBuy"
    [​IMG]
    PLS TAKE ACTION STEAM representatives, in order to keep Steam a nice place for life (play).
  5. Jey

Jey New User

Steam:
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    @Jey We do not accept reports on CD key scams, and recommend against trading them. Additionally, when reporting someone for a scam you need to fill out your own report. Do not post an unrelated scam in someone else's report.
  7. Jey

Jey New User

Steam:
    lava: thanks for the info, i have found this information later after posting here. So sorry. But still i think i did a good thing, that i posted that additinal info here.
    While steam doesnt protect people when trading CD KEYS i know it and thats why i wont go to fill in another form and waste more time. I just posted here info, so maybe, maybe when someone authorized will rate this case, he will also mind it.

I just wonder, how that guy, not only once accussed, but MULTIPLE TIMES, can still run steam and scam more and more people.
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    We have to be impartial when judging cases, and not take other people saying "he scammed me too" into account. I know you meant well, but unless there's evidence, we don't consider it. We also need a separate report for each scam, hence when people pop in threads claiming to have also been scammed, we tell them to create a new report.
  9. otreblA_SNAKE_ITA

Steam:
    I think there's a sort of bug with steamrep: if you go on the user's profile on Steam (now he's "WantToBuy") and try trading with him, Steam gives you an error message stating that the user has been disabled from tradings.
    If you go on his profile on steamrep, there's written that he isn't banned in anything and his profile looks almost clear...I think this should be fixed and would help many users with tradings! :)
  10. Jey

Jey New User

Steam:
    otreblA_SNAKE_ITA: +1

Btw the guy has changed his nickname again :-D which is for me (IMHO) sign, that he has scammed another person.. http://steamcommunity.com/id/32132132124124/

Altough i achieved, that many many of his "friends" - i mean people on his "friends list" have removed him because, they usually told me "i dont know him" or "he was offering me ... but it was little suspicous".
    Also i pointed some of them to this topic and i have to say, that some of the people were really surprised XD
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    That's not a bug. Some trade bans aren't shown publicly, and if the trade ban isn't public, we can't see it, so it doesn't show up in their SteamRep. I've seen people with private trade bans before.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  12. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @otreblA_SNAKE_ITA,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.