1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198138998523 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by JustBS™, Oct 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JustBS™

JustBS™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68523499
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198138998523

Victim profile: 76561198097312727

What happened? Description:
    He added me and asked me if I was selling my unusual hats. Then he said he would pay for them. He asked if I had any trusted friends online and if I could add them to a group chat (screenshot evidence) and told me to trade my friend the unusuals. I checked his steam profile and steamrep and saw that he had unconfirmed reports. He then created a new group chat (different to the one I had created with my friend) and added a separate account to the chat (screenshots show) that was impersonating my friend by name and avatar . Then he attempted to trade nothing for my unusuals (screenshot evidence). I then canceled the trade and unfriended him. He then impersonated me for some reason (screenshot evidence) and tried to trade my friend (Zeroh) for his unusual (he will be submitting a separate report).​

Provide Evidence:
    Scammer Chat Log 1: shows the initial conversation of him trying to get me to add my friend to group chat so he can impersonate him.

Scammer Steam Profile: was when I checked his steam profile.

Scammer Steamrep: was when I checked his Steamrep profile and saw the unconfirmed reports.

Scammer Impersonation Group Chat Log: was taken after the attempted scam when he was impersonating me (as you can see from the side bar). The "Zeroh" in the chat log was him impersonating my friend and the account that traded me attempting the scam.

Scammer Impersonation - Attempted Unusual Scam: is the attempted scam from when he was impersonating my friend Zeroh and tried to get the unusuals for nothing.

Scammer Chatlog 2: Is what the scammer was saying when he was attempting the trade scam.

Scammer Impersonation Alternate Account: Is the scammers alternate account that he was impersonating my friend and myself on.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    2014-10-15_1037.png
    Ready for review.
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello @JustBS™,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click "More" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "Report Violation"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click "Submit Report"

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.