1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198064611593 - (J0ntE / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by jmanblomm260, Nov 2, 2014.

1. jmanblomm260

jmanblomm260 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43952491
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198064611593 (J0ntE)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Today I tried to report a user because he stole my Butterfly Knife and the report was marked as Invalid and SteamRep banned me because they say that this account is my alt: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198001162965

I don't know who that one is or I've never talked to him or had in on my friends list. I am not related in any form with him and by viewing his profile I think it's impossible too that I have an alternate account with 200 games and 6 years...

Who would spend that many money on an alternative account?

I just wanted to make my case, I provided every evidence on my case but if SteamRep still wants people to get around and scam everyday that's okay but since when SteamRep is dirty?? Someone scams me and suddenly I am the bad guy? You're banning me because I have an "alt" account with more friends than I have and not a single one is related to me... Please think before acting mods...

The case that I was referring: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...ike-global-offensive-items.82247/#post-226074
  2. jmanblomm260

jmanblomm260 New User

Steam:
    And regarding the case that I opened, I digged around and this user has more cases in here where he claims that he can edit pictures via photoshop. And one of the "evidences" that he provided on my case had been photoshopped: http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/tradehist2-png.163624/

His name was edited out on the top right corner :s
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @jmanblomm260,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #1: Be honest
    #2: Be Straightforward.
    #6: Big drama thread (report bad replies)
    #7: What are Alts
    #8: Public profile, public backpack on ALL your accounts.
    #13: Who can appeal.
    #19: Usage of your account by friend/family.

We're around for 3,5 years now. Don't you think that we have perfected our techniques by now to find alt accounts? (warning: rhetorical question)
    Also, we DO allow people for account security to block out their usernames. We even TELL people to do that. Also, there is a guide out there somewhere where one can hide the username in the steam skin, so it wont show.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. jmanblomm260

jmanblomm260 New User

Steam:
    He didn't "block" he perfectly edited the username (my guess would be photoshop since it's in his taskbar).

But anyway. Both my accounts are public, this one simply isn't used, I created it some time ago but never used it :s
  5. jmanblomm260

jmanblomm260 New User

Steam:
    If you want I can record a video showing my trade history, paypal history. I got everything and I'm felling so f✿✿✿3d because I got scammed and now I'm 99% sure that Steam will not give me the item back and even SteamRep is against me, I don't know what should I do more. A user that is taking advantage of being protected by SteamRep now probably is on a scamming streak and if someone reports him just simply get banned cause he's a saint... (A saint that claims that uses photoshop to edit pictures)
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Denied for lying, and banned for continued fake reports.

You are the only one ever to be barred by SR from submitting scam reports, just stop, none will ever be accepted. The user is not "protected" from reports against him, all users however, will be "protected" from reports by you since you continue to make false reports with multiple accounts.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**