1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198071811600 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Psihusky, Nov 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Psihusky

Psihusky New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31426160
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198071811600

Victim profile: 76561198023118048

What happened? Description:
    [Screenshots speak most of the story]

This guy added me and wanted to trade with me, but said that he wanted to check the hat wasn't a "dupe" which was news to me, but I haven't traded for a while and so I went along with his game. He told me to trade it with a friend and so I traded it with my boyfriend, as I trusted him.

Still in the conversation, I had another person add me and want to trade me (BRUV), but upon telling him the price he said it was worth a lot and declined, but he seemed cool about it. I also did a search on the guy's SteamRep and it came up hazy and pasted it to my boyfriend, however during this time the scammer had copied my profile (Fake profile: http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198076397132 ) and traded with my boyfriend, who reluctantly gave him the hat. However, trusting my boyfriend and thinking he had the hat, I wasn't too worried.

I traded with my boyfriend who didn't understand what I meant when I said I asked him to trade me and said that his heart stopped when he realised that he had traded it away and noticed the links that I had sent saying his reputation was hazy.

To sum it up, the scammer created a fake copy of my profile, with a period at the end (Psihusky.) to avoid Steam's numbering at the end of names and traded with my boyfriend.

I do not have screenshots of the trade, nor does my boyfriend as he wasn't expecting it, I've provided screenshots of all I can and hope that it will be possible to mark this guy's rep as a scammer.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Psihusky

Psihusky New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31426160
  3. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Hello, @Psihusky.

Thank you for your report! It has been marked for review, and hopefully will result in bans against the accused/s
  4. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Hello @Psihusky,

Your report was accepted for this user, though they were already banned for other reports. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during any appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click the MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.