1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

A question about Phising Sites

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Clootie Dumpling, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Clootie Dumpling

Clootie Dumpling New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36467009
    my question: Is there a list of phising sites or is every suspicious site -for example in a report- looked at, are there certain things looked at? I am asking this because I got reported a few months ago and tagged and I am still sure that it is unfair or not being looked at (the site).
  2. Fiskie

Fiskie tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26166446
    Doesn't look like a phishing site at all, but rather one of those horrid ass pyramid scheme slash hurr do a million surveys sites which never deliver anyway.

Since you seem to have been tagged too hastily you should probably appeal. That site doesn't seem to ask for your Steam credentials nor does it pretend to be part of Steam.
  3. Clootie Dumpling

Steam:
    @ Fiskie, Yes it took me about 30 Surveys to get a $5 game called Poker Night at the Inventory BUT they delivered.

I already appealed a month and some days ago:
  4. Clootie Dumpling

Steam:
    you can find it at the sr scammer tag appeals in the middle of the first page
  5. Fiskie

Fiskie tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26166446
    Just give it a while - they'll understand. It'll take a while because there are too many reports for the amount of staff.
  6. fxu

fxu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12100580
    Please know that you can report phishing sites to their webhosts for being a phishing site. Most webhosts have a ToS and that is prohibited. Just go to whois.sc and search for the site. Then contact the host with evidence and it'll get shut down.