1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Alt traders will get marked as ALT?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by VEGETA2010, Aug 17, 2014.

1. VEGETA2010

VEGETA2010 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27490271
    I see some players marked as alt on steamrep. Is it safe to make multiple trades with other players from alt accounts but not trying to scam?. Will I get marked as alt if I do this ?.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    If you have an account that is marked as a scammer, then any of your other accounts will be marked as an alt of that account. If all of your alt accounts are clean, and you've never been tagged before on any of your accounts, then you have nothing to worry about.

Having an alt account(s), in itself, is not a crime, and there are legitimate reasons to have one or more alt accounts. Many of the staff here, myself included, have alt accounts for one reason or another. The reason some accounts are marked for "alt" is because they are alt accounts of scammers who were themselves already tagged for committing fraud. When we mark someone, we intend to warn the community not to conduct business with that person, not just that account, so if a scammer has 3 alt accounts then all 3 of those accounts will be marked when the main account is marked. If a scammer, frustrated with being banned or having nobody willing to trade with them, creates a new account, then we also tag the new account as an alt, hence why you see some accounts marked simply as "alt".