1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561197960287765 - (bdy / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by bdy, Jan 3, 2015.

1. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21682
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561197960287765 (bdy)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197960309093 (my brother's old account which he sold)​

Appeal description:
    Hi there. Today I thought that you make a great job with this community and I wanted to donate to you. Unfortunately, my donation was refunded. You can read more about in this thread.

There was a problem with Steam API. Although I signed in from my account, in my profile there was my brother's account which is trade banned. He probably used my computer or something and linked his account steam account to this forum user. A few months ago, I sold that account for him to theedman, I don't even remember where I found him.

Now, I got special reputation and it says that I have these alternate accounts: Account #1 and Account #2.

My problem is that these are not my alternate accounts. Account #2 was indeed my brother's account, so you can hardly consider it an alternate account, but Account #1 is not my alternate account, so I want you to remove that because if that accounts get banned, I don't want my account to be affected.

Maybe you can see in your database that my brother linked the Account #2 to this forum account a long time ago. I linked my account, but it still displays my brother's account. I never used Account #1 since it is not mine.

In conclusion, I have no problem with having special reputation with Account #2, but please remove Account #1.​
  2. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    And one more thing: I am now signed in from my main account (http://steamcommunity.com/id/dsbdy916), but that trade banned account still appears on my info. Maybe you can solve that too. Or maybe you can delete my reputation since I was just looking to donate and you gave me special rep.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
  4. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    As I said before, the trade banned account was my brother's account and I sold it to theedman a few months ago. I was talking about the forum, I log in from my main account and, under my name, it still displays the trade banned account.
  5. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    Wrong thread.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    Well, that's not my problem, it was just an advice that a forum function does not work well. In my opinion, there's no point in me having a special reputation because my brother's trade banned account, which I sold it and nobody logged into for 112 days. This doesn't proof anything. The real proof is my csgo rep thread, where I have vouches from high reputable members that I am legit.

But it's your call. Cheers!
  7. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    I meant:
    Sorry for the confusion.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  8. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    Actually looks like I have some hard time doing my thing (selling keys) because people always ask me what's with that special rep and I have to explain to everyone the same thing and I'm getting tired of this. Maybe you can just be reasonable enough and lift that caution from my profile. I have a sick rep thread with vouches from reddit moderators, tf2shop owner and highly trusted sellers.

Please make that caution disappear because nobody logged in for half a year to that account. That's definitely not my alternate account.
  9. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    Alright, I was also banned from csgorep because your caution and they are calling me a scammer. How can I proof you I am not a scammer? Just ask the guys that posted in my thread about the transaction with me or tell me how can I do this please. This really affect me and it is unfair.
  10. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    I also started a reddit thread about this here, a lot of people posted that I am not a scammer. Maybe you can consider that when solving my case.
  11. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    And now reddit removed the first post and banned me because your caution tag. You should explain that the caution tag doesn't mean I'm a scammer. A printscreen of the original post on reddit: http://prntscr.com/5telep I still can see the original post, I can proof you via teamviewer.

Please lift my caution so my problems will be gone. Maybe you can use the presumption of innocence, I don't have any reports open, only that account that's linked to this forum account.
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Communities can ban anyone they want for whatever reason they see fit, SR has no policy for communities on caution tags. Your ban is with them and them alone. As for your caution appeal, you will have to wait until its addressed.
  13. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    I understand that. But maybe you can just lift the caution tag because they see that as a scammer alert and since I have no scam reports and everyone I dealt with said they were satisfied about my services it's not fair for me.
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    Communities can ban anyone they want for whatever reason they see fit, SR has no policy for communities on caution tags. Your ban is with them and them alone. Its not an SR issue, you will have to take it up with them.
  15. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    Alrighty, thanks for replying to my post. I will wait patiently for my appeal to be addressed.
  16. bdy

bdy New User

Steam:
    I don't want to spam you, but it's been a while. How long do I have to wait?
  17. You Are The One

Steam:
    It appears you have been trade banned by Valve since around July of 2014, per appeal policy, we do not actively take appeals for users currently banned by Valve. Please submit an appeal, if you choose, when the trade ban has been lifted.
    (Yes, I am aware this should have been invalidated long ago and may seem like an arrow to the knee)