1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197960320371 - (✪ XXL-MAN ✪ Twitch TheXXLMAN / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by XXL-MAN, Aug 13, 2015.

1. XXL-MAN

XXL-MAN New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27321
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197960320371 (✪ XXL-MAN ✪ Twitch TheXXLMAN)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    All my alternate accounts and mine and my family : Daughter, and 2 brothers.​

Appeal description:
    Hi there:

First of all, i want to thank you for your incredible effort here to avoid scammers stealing people's money and items. Thanks you a lot.

My name is Andrés Naranjo "XXL-MAN". I am an 41 years old engineer at Telefonica Spain.

Sadly, i had a cibercafe that was in bankrupt some years ago. I gift some of my legit accounts to my family and friends. You can google about that cibercafe as "NICKIE SISTEMS" in Parla, Madrid.

A couple of moths ago, i tried to sell one of my accounts at CSGOLounge and recover part of money I lost. I received a caution, so i decided to remove the post. Post was deleted and account is still mine.

2 months after that, i received ban here. I tried to discuss with SJRU http://forums.steamrep.com/members/sjru.136/ about this because he speaks spanish. And I explained him all I am telling here. He understood me and commend me to appeal.

I cant make a refund, because there is no victims. I just was trying to selling one thing I paid at full law. There is no scam. Now I know SR doesn't allow people selling account because Valve TOS doesnt alllow.

I think it's extremely severe to have a permanent ban.

In fact, some months ago, i made a tutorial to "AVOID SCAMS ON STEAM" that u can check on my YT channel : (17 min, spanish)

It was made before all of this, check date please. I even commend people to check SR on tradings. AS i told, thanks you. Thats the way to thank people working for the community.

I am a gamer, and i love this community. I hate scammers. I have many channels and a personal blog reporting hispanic spoken people when a game is free or in a promotion : www.xxlman.tk . I usually receive free games from some dev teams (like Killling floor beta 2, or full ROAD REDEMTION) only for my review. I really love gaming. Just take a look at my 1900 games account. When i am against a scammer on CSGOLounge, for example, I open all of my accounts and family accounts (i have all access to activate games for them) and report him with all accounts. We need to clean our community of that scumbag robbers.

I dont want to appear as a scammer like people scamming money to others. I didnt make any damage to anyone. Just trying to sell what I paid, and I apologyze.

Please help me. I am not a scammer.

PD: Sorry, my english needs to improve. Have a good day.​
  2. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    Simply put, it's against the Steam Subscriber Agreement, which you signed onto by registering an account with Valve.

Quote from the SSA:
    You may not sell or charge others for the right to use your Account, or otherwise transfer your Account, nor may you sell, charge others for the right to use, or transfer any Subscriptions other than if and as expressly permitted by this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use) or as otherwise specifically permitted by Valve.
  3. XXL-MAN

XXL-MAN New User

Steam:
    Yes, now I know VALVE TOS doesnt allow that. Maybe it was not on TOS 12 years ago (2003).

The question is I think permanent ban like a scammer is extremely severity. You forgive some scammers here if there is a refund sometimes. I can't refund. There are no victims, no damage to have a life ban on 6 accounts (even my 2 brothers and my daughter) which aren't guilty on any fault. Don't you think so ?

Thanks.
  4. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    Section 8 of the SSA:

"....Valve may amend this Agreement (including any Subscription Terms or Rules of Use) unilaterally at any time in its sole discretion....Your failure to cancel your Account within thirty (30) days after the entry into force of the amendments, will constitute your acceptance of the amended terms."
    http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/
  5. XXL-MAN

XXL-MAN New User

Steam:
    As i told I KNOW ITS NOT ALLOWED.

We are not discussing about that.

It's just I am not a scammer. No victims, no damage to anyone doesnt deserve a life ban on 6 accounts, including 3 not mine.
  6. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    You may not have scammed anyone, yet you could have. Selling the account, then Valve could ban the account for being bought, then you've basically scammed someone. Either way, it's legally against the SSA which you agreed to. Meaning you need to face the consequences of your actions.
    Sjru likes this.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    When I was with SR, this was not a taggable offense, (tho he should definitely not be selling accounts as its a blatant violation of the steam subscriber agreement) I am confused why the user was tagged for this.
    XXL-MAN likes this.
  8. XXL-MAN

XXL-MAN New User

Steam:
    Thx, sir. I apologyze about that advice, just trying SR forgive me like sometimes forgives scammers if small scams if refounded.

- I didnt sell any account.
    - Nobody was scammed.
    - No account was banned, so nobody lose his money. (I google about valve bans on supposed sold accounts and I found no one)
  9. Nope.exe

Nope.exe New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:125841683
    Dafuq are you talking about?
    Don't even give personal information about yourself.
  10. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    What are you talking about "personal information"? I see none there.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Hes been banned a few days ago for idiotic replies, just ignore he exists for a few months.
  12. XXL-MAN

XXL-MAN New User

Steam:
    2 months banned. Help me please, i am not a scammer.
  13. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    Just wait, be patient, and don't bump the thread.
  14. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Seems odd that you would get tagged for that specific reason. Best of luck on the appeal.
  15. You Are The One

Steam:
    I have reversed the ban as its not a valid reason for a tag on SR. Ill also have a talk with the admin who issued it.