1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197973051809 - (DreadPirateFury / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by DreadPirateFury, Jul 30, 2014.

1. DreadPirateFury

DreadPirateFury New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6393040
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197973051809 (DreadPirateFury)

Appeal Plea: N/A. There are no offenses listed at all.
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Upon failure to keep my password secure in July of 2012 my account was hijacked by a steam hijacker using the alias chapaxxx1. With the help of valve support and some tips from users on this community I was able to retrieve my account. I have since kept my Steam account under tight lockdown so this wouldn't happen again.

Fortunately enough when I went to my inventory absolutely nothing was moved to other accounts. However, I was still marked as an SR scammer and I have not been able to join TF2 trade servers since. That's why I want to make this appeal, I've recently attempted to jump back into the trading community but with this tag it is next to impossible for me.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561197973051809-hijacked-account.8306/

Above is a thread posted by my father while we were still trying to retrieve my account. I'm not sure what I can post to prove it is really me using my own account now. I do have many steam friends that could vouch for me. Any admin assistance would be appreciated, thank you for your time.​
  2. DreadPirateFury

DreadPirateFury New User

Steam:
    My apologies, I have evidence in the form of screenshots of support tickets that I did in fact retrieve my account.

I also made the critical error of saying I had my items the day of account retrieval, apparently back when the account was hijacked my items WERE sent to another account, but steam support was swift in giving them back to me.

I hope this doesn't reduce my chances in having my name cleared. Thank you for taking the time to read through my case.

Attached Files:

3. DreadPirateFury

DreadPirateFury New User

Steam:
    I've done some reading on appeals in the same boat as me and I have learned I have to provide more evidence. All personal information has been redacted from these images.

Attached Files:

4. DreadPirateFury

DreadPirateFury New User

Steam:
    I am bumping this thread, I have done no wrong and the continued lack of support from staff here, despite messaging them directly is just ridiculous. I just want feedback from one staff member, just one, no one has even replied here besides myself. This effects my standing in the trading community and I need this fixed. Please just look at this thread.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @DreadPirateFury,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #4: Watch your appeal thread
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #15: Bumping your appeal.
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #20: Status of your appeal.

We generally only give attention to an appeal when it is its turn. I quickly glanced over your appeal, and it should have been moved to account hijacking appeals. Which I will now do.
  6. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    I understand if you don't feel excited to do so, but if you can send me the profile links for those accounts the hijacked account traded with (rather than just a screenshot), it could help for reference in other cases. (Just start a conversation with me, if you would.)

I will revert the hijack ban-- it should have been approved long ago-- the shuffle and bumping of the appeal put it further into the backlog than it ever should have been. We're very understaffed, but hijacked account appeals should definitely not sit as long as yours. We just brought on some new admins and they'll be looking into these appeals to get further into them.