1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197979931719 - (Keanu / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Keanu, Oct 5, 2014.

1. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:9832995
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197979931719 (Keanu)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Bertdog
    | steam3ID: [U:1:754422]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:377211
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197961020150
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/bertdog
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561197961020150

Appeal description:
    I've just recently realized why I cannot utilize CSGOL. I'm listed on here with a note saying I'm a "DotA 2 Gift scammer" while attempting to use CSGOLounge, where they sync with your site to autoban previously noted scammers, etc.

I did not scam the user in question. I traded "her friend" (one of the random accounts I was told to add) a Dota2 gift, and was supposed to receive MW3 in return, and then I would send the second Dota2 gift to "her other friend". I realize now, anytime someone wants to do 'alternating trades' or anything not in the trading window, it's bad news. After receiving nothing after sending my first gift, there was some steam issue on my end where I couldn't find the other user (not really relevant, but it is spoken of in the SR thread). Upon reconnecting to steam the accuser was calling me a scammer and that I would be reported. I brushed it off as I was the only one who had lost anything (the single Dota2 Gift, which I had quite a few of) and figured I could forget about it, cut my losses.

I'm now coming to realize I should have appealed immediately after I was reported here while I had more evidence, but what's done is done. I'm now being prevented from using CSGO Lounge because of a very old, and somewhat fraudulent claim that I am a scammer. I ask of you to please remove the ban placed on my account so that I may use CSGO Lounge's services. I've seen ACTUAL, admitted scammers have their bans lowered so they could do the same, so I assume this should not be a problem.

If you have any further questions I'd be happy to answer them.

Thanks in advance,
    Brett​
  2. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    112717dota21.png 342503dota22.png
    The user said he sent you the steam gift. The chat also indicates he sent you the steam gift.
  4. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I realize they say they sent it in the chat. They did not. There was no MW3 gift sent. I don't understand how their word holds so much more weight than mine, especially considering I was told to send my gifts to multiple accounts which is a much more common way to scam. Had I known this then, I would never have sent the first invite.
    It appears CSGO lounge is no longer cross-checking with your site, so the outcome of this no longer means as much, but for the record:
    I am innocent, and lost a DoTA 2 gift to this person while receiving nothing in return but a scammer tag on a third party site.
    Thank you for your time.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    Why in the chat did you not say/correct/clarify/mention that you never got the game?
    Please provide your gift and inventory history for Jan of 2012
  6. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    I had to 'go first' if I recall, because I didn't have trade rep, so I knew I'd be trading my gift away before receiving anything, then I was to get my payment (MW3), and then I was to send the second gift to the other friend of the trader.
    Once I'd restarted after sending the first gift (steam wasn't loading correctly, mentioned in chat), the trader was accusing me of scamming and claiming to have reported me (this is in the screenshots). As I mentioned previously, at this point I cut my losses at the single DoTA invite (I had many, not worth much), and forgot about it.

Gift History! Didn't even know that was a thing, should definitely help clear this up!
    http://i.imgur.com/Pz8o9Wx.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/xrYqNOH.jpg

You can clearly see I trade away a DoTA gift and get nothing.

Inv. History, nothing shown during that month
    http://i.imgur.com/jJPPK7J.jpg

Thanks again for looking into this.
  7. You Are The One

Steam:
  8. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Sorry. Was the only issue the host I used and forgetting to remove my login?
    Is it possible for you to edit the old imgur links out of my previous post? Thanks.
    If you need anything else let me know.
    gift history1.jpg gift history2.jpg inv history.jpg
  9. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Not trying to be the guy who asks "are we there yet?" every 5 minutes, but; any updates on the matter?
    Thanks.
  10. Keanu

Keanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Hi SteamRep,
    I've just been informed again by a player that I still show up as a scammer on here, even though I did nothing wrong and was wrongfully accused 5 years ago. The accuser posted a single post calling me a "DotA2 gift scammer" (here: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561197979931719-slorm.289/) and I've been stuck with the tag ever since, when THEY were in-fact the one who scammed me. This was never resolved even though I provided everything I needed to, and the person who reported me seems to have vanished. Please remedy this situation. It has been 5 years. Your website has pull over how people view me, and it's basically slander at this point.

Let me know if you need any additional info.

Thank you,
    Keanu/Bertdog/Slorm
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Due to time tagged, lack of sufficient evidence at this time, lack of additional issues since, and other mitigating circumstances, tag will be dropped. Please note, further transgressions or if we find you lied to us, may result in you being retagged w/o the possibility of a new appeal.

However, this was a fairly close call to make as their clearly was an agreement made, I just cant determine whos at fault based on the report, if they choose to re-report you with additional evidence, you may be retagged, short of that and as the reasons already mentioned above, caution is not warranted at this time.

Appeal granted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**