1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561197993754848 - (Full Brody Contact / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Full Brody Contact, Nov 5, 2014.

1. Full Brody Contact

Full Brody Contact New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16744560
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561197993754848 (Full Brody Contact)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    This is my only account.​

Appeal description:
    I was recently notified by a friend that I'm flagged as a fakerep scammer in Steamrep, and I just wanted this corrected. I am assuming this happened a few years ago, when I had some account anomalies at the time. I am assuming I was hijacked. Unfortunately, the info link to my steamrep page shows nothing to me.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    If you were hijacked, provide a timeline of when and submit a screencap of your support ticket (without username/email)
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Full Brody Contact

Steam:
    It would have been towards mid-to-late 2011 when I possibly had an account hijack, because after that I activated Steamguard two-factor authentication. They hadn't touched any of my personal accounts, so I didn't think to submit any support tickets. I changed my Steam password and enabled Steamguard after that.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Tag was applied mid 2012, not 2011 in that case, your account was not hijacked when you posted the fakerep.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Full Brody Contact

Steam:
    I did try trading briefly on a few TF2 trade servers when they started getting popular, but I don't recall having much success with it besides small trades for crafting. Mostly I've done private trading between friends, if at all. I'll try to find any other information you'd like, but it has been a while since I had even considered trading.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    The accounts on your SR profile listed as your alts, explain who they are/your relationship to them.
  7. Full Brody Contact

Steam:
    I don't know who any of the other people are. I'm neither friends with any of them, nor have any of them in any of my circles as far as I see. I don't recall having played with any of them at any time, from the few profiles I can see. This is my first and only Steam account.
  8. Full Brody Contact

Steam:
    That being said, I'm not even sure under what reason Steamrep might think they might be alts.
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
  10. Full Brody Contact

Steam:
    I don't think I know this user personally. I can't view his profile so I can't tell if we overlapped at any point unfortunately.
  11. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please add me on steam.
  12. Full Brody Contact

Steam:
    Added you.
  13. You Are The One

Steam:
    Your appeal is accepted.
    It is likely the fakerepper made some of his alternate accounts on SOP based off of real steam users (you being one of them).
    Their is no solid evidence that you are an alternate account of the banned user.

Hidden Content: