1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561197994578328 - (Childish Gambino / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by C:\ vomitshovel, Jan 21, 2015.

1. C:\ vomitshovel

C:\ vomitshovel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17156300
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561197994578328 (Childish Gambino)

Appeal Plea: N/A. There are no offenses listed at all.
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Hi,

I have no idea why I am SR banned.
    The only time I have ever used SR or anything trading oriented, it was in an attempt to trade a TF2 hat I had 2-3 years ago.
    I had looked up the value of the hat, and was surprised it was about $200.
    I tried so sell it, and got scammed. Very stupid mistake, and a learning experience as to how you can NEVER trust someone even when they have trusted this and that all over their account.

I traded him the hat, and screenshotted it all just in case. However this was 2 -3 years ago and I have none of this as my main HDD packed in. He scammed my hat, and I came onto SR in order to stop him from scamming others. His account got trade banned if I remember correctly though I have no idea if that was because of my complaints to SR as well as Steam Support - or just from his general scamming ways catching up to him.

Now, fast forward 2-3 years, I'm getting into CS:GO. The skins are also a cool way to make money on the steam market for some cheap steam games.
    I wanted to go to CSGO lounge to bet on upcoming games and to my utter surprise, it says I'm banned on SR. ME?! The victim.
    It says I was banned by the "RAWR Trade Club". I have no idea what that is lol.
    Their website seems down however I can guarantee I have never heard of, and would never use a "RAWR trading club"
    Anyway, I'm hoping it was a mistake or something and that I can get to betting soon.
    I can guarantee there is no "evidence" needed as nobody has reported me. Of this I am sure because I have only ever had ONE trade experience where I am the one who got scammed, and I sorta left it after being told I can't get my hat back.

Thanks to whoever has to read all this nonsense, and deal with such silly things.
    Take care​
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. C:\ vomitshovel

Steam:
    CAN I PLEASE HAVE THIS LOOKED AT?
    I can't bet or anything and people are asking why I'm trade banned.
    This is utter bullshit
  3. C:\ vomitshovel

Steam:
    I filed another appeal and was told I can only file one appeal, BUT NOBODY IS DOING s✿✿✿ ABOUT THIS ONE.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @C:\ vomitshovel,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #4: Watch your appeal thread
    #7: What are Alts
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #15: Bumping your appeal.
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #20: Status of your appeal.
  5. C:\ vomitshovel

Steam:
    Hello SilentReaper(SR)
    #4 : I have watched my appeal thread for 2 months. 2... months...
    #7 : I have no alts. I have one steam account.
    #12 : I followed all the procedure and my appeal STILL HAS NOT BEEN ACKNOWLEDGED EXCEPT FOR THIS (quite honestly) USELESS REPLY OF YOURS.
    #15 : IF I DO NOT BUMP MY APPEAL, IT WILL NEVER GET DONE, OBVIOUSLY.
    #16 : I watch appeal after appeal get solved. No problem. 2 months later mine is still here.
    #20 : My appeal has been "pending" for 2 months. Excuse me for getting impatient when there was ZERO FEEDBACK and not one indication that you and your team weren't just ignoring it.

Honestly, I'm flabbergasted that you would even reply with this nonsense when I've waited 2 months for something IN WHICH I HAD ZERO PART IN BESIDES GETTING SCAMMED.
    I still have no indication that my appeal has even been seen, and I assume you will get mad that I'm calling your team out for being lazy and not being able to handle an INCREDIBLY SIMPLE procedure and ignore my appeal even further.
    I'm done trying to beg you guys to right a wrong that YOU have done, and you making ME out to seem like the bad guy.
  6. C:\ vomitshovel

Steam:
    Q: How long do I have after admins reply with questions on my appeal?
    A: 7 days. If a admin checks after 7 days and there is no reply with the requested information, the appeal may be processed, or may be set archived or invalid. The appeal admin can allow for a re-appeal in such cases, but is not required to do so, and will be based on the appeal as it is. This would counts as a "loss of interest".

SEVEN DAYS?! Good job
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Right, and you think its "simple". each appeal takes between 1 and 3 hours of work for a admin. pushing out standard replies as above is 5 seconds work. However I have 800 appeals or some to work thru, real life obligations, work, etc. and you have by FAR not the oldest appeal open. So you will have to wait your turn.

Once you set the topic with email notification (top right, set to watched with email notification), you get automatically a email when there are replies on the topic, so if that is your real email address, you can just read/handle daily your email.
  8. jjnharwal

jjnharwal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50176826
    the thing is, every admin and moderator has to file through hundreds of these a day, and frankly, if there is someone being , excuse my language, an ass on one of them, they will wait to solve that one, and deal with the kind, and polite people first. The internet is no impatient man's land. The problem being, is that forums can't be run by computers or robots, it has to be hand done. How about you read this and see if it sounds "simple" to do what they have to go through. http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/duties-of-steamrep-moderators-please-read.13212/

One more thing before I end my rant. These moderators chose willingly to do this, they aren't forced to, and they aren't payed. So if you expect them to just shove everything else aside and fix your problem, you better wait.
  9. C:\ vomitshovel

Steam:
    And it is now 4 months later and no help.
    I have done nothing wrong and have been ignored by this team.
    Totally disgusting how you guys run this site
  10. -hg- COBALT

-hg- COBALT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42037753
    I'm not sure how being verbally abusive towards those who will decide your future, causes them to want to work on your case.
  11. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  12. C:\ vomitshovel

Steam:
    This isn't a favor I'm asking. This is the fault of this website that my account has been tarnished even though I WAS THE ONE WHO GOT SCAMMED.
    I've never seen someone make the victim pay the same price as the scammer. Just f✿✿✿✿✿✿ unbelievable.

Not only is it THEIR MISTAKE, but now I've waited months and months for these people who are just never gonna help me.
    They decide my future? So you're saying because I'm unhappy with this HORRIBLE service, that I won't get service?
    I didn't know anyone can make the website seem worse than it is. But you did. Good job.

If I had any affiliation to this website, I'd be f✿✿✿✿✿✿ embarrassed because they're just ignoring everyone and don't reply or give a f✿✿✿ about mistakes THEY MADE that f✿✿✿ up people's accounts.
    YOU made the mistake. YOU should fix it. I shouldn't have to wait over a year to appeal a wrongful ban.
    It's just ridiculous.
  13. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.
  14. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Archiving, please appeal using the legacy appeal system as shown above.