1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561197997489142 - (Duty Now For The Future / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Sherman, Nov 1, 2014.

1. Sherman

Sherman New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18611707
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561197997489142 (Duty Now For The Future)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I created an alternate account after I was reported so I could go on trading servers and then move and goods through that account. I don't even remember what it's called now. I don't trade any more.​

Appeal description:
    I was falsely accused of scamming in Team Fortress 2, on a Valve server via player vote.

I was randomly traded by another person on that server, with no chat or verbal preface. I cannot remember exactly what it was that they wanted to trade for, but they failed to provide an equivalent offer. I exited the trade window after telling them that an agreement could not be reached. No goods were exchanged. Several minutes later, the player called a kick vote for "accused of scamming."

The motivations of the other player to commit this act of false incrimination are nebulous to me. No goods were exchanged, and I didn't try to coerce the person who votekicked me. I just left when they refused to pay an appropriate amount. I do not know the identity of the accuser, and I have not attempted to contact them since.

This incident took place some time earlier this year, and I did not appeal at that time because of the lengthy and somewhat confusing nature of the appeal process. I simply decided to stop trading as a hobby. The reason I have decided to appeal now is because the program that gives people the [SCAMMER] tag was recently added to one of my favorite servers. The tag is embarrassing to read every time I get a kill. I would like my freedom of movement back, and not to be viewed with suspicion on all 3rd party servers.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Posted Apr 03, 2011.
    I can only assume the sop tag was propagated from an incident on a uhc server, I'm inclined to remove the sop tag, please add me on steam.
  3. Sherman

Sherman New User

Steam:
    Thank you for responding to my case.

I don't mean to bother you, but I don't understand the nature of the UHC charge. I have never engaged in a transaction with anyone on any server, public or private concerning a pair of ear buds. Where is that block of information above from? Is there an incident report somewhere I can view? Does that say I was an admin on UHC server? I have never held an admin position, UHC server or otherwise. Is this perhaps a case of mistaken identity?
  4. Sherman

Sherman New User

Steam:
    I don't mean to be a bother, but are you going to remove the SOP tag? I really would appreciate it.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    Please add me on steam,
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    you never followed up, none the less, not a sop issue. your uhc tag will remain.