1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198008267582 - (NoFlame / D2T CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by NoFlame, Jan 23, 2016.

1. NoFlame

NoFlame New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:24000927
    Appeal for D2T CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198008267582 (NoFlame)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    only 1 main account​

Appeal description:
    well i used to buy some dota 2 items before i losing many of them in bets i can you show dota2 lounge and dota2vpgame losing items and trading history if its nessacary, and it was almost 3 years ago which is there wasnt any market and used to buy items from people using middleman from dota 2traders and which is jerry who is known for being middleman there for successfull trades and we used jerry but he warned me about seller that can be scammer but if you still want to trade you can but do it without me he said and i did because seller gave me items first it was osky immortal courier now worth around 30$ i think and after that i gave him his money probably jerry checked my inventory and saw that i got item and thought we are one people so he probably reported to me on steamrep i checked forum link but it was already dead link couldnt contact any of them for a while​
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hi @NoFlame

Sorry for the delay, as you may know we announced some major policy changes for 2016, which are especially relevant in your case. As it turns out, both our handling of defunct partner community tags, as well as retroactive repeal of the trading-with-scammers rule, apply to your case. Unfortunately, it appears that some of the logistics for handling defunct tags caused what should have been an immediate grant to slip through the cracks and get filed away for later handling as a defunct tag, without reviewing the reason.

I have granted your appeal and removed the tag for the following reasons:
    • Trading with scammers is no longer a taggable offense, and this applies retroactively
    • Defunct community tag, with missing evidence
    For the future, be very careful and open/honest in your transactions, and keep good records of large transactions in case there are any disputes.