1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198008823135 - (Serpa / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Serpa, May 23, 2014.

1. Serpa

Serpa New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:24278703
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198008823135 (Serpa)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/alrightylol
    (just used for playing CSGO)​

Appeal description:
    Well first off, this was years ago when this offence was reported to steamrep. Yes it was me who did it, no one else. But the main reason for my appeal is that intent was never trying to scam anyone out of anything. No trade ever happened. What I was doing at the time was purely out of boredom thinking it would be funny to "troll" a few people that day. (of course this is something that I thought was alright to do when I was bit younger, now I can't believe how stupid I was to think of what I did was even funny). I actually did it to about maximum 5 people from what I remember. A couple of them did understand what I was doing and just ignored/removed me and of course as you see here a couple reported me (and I don't blame them, in their shoes I would do the same thing).

Now I'll try to address some points the user made in his report:

http://i.imgur.com/9AAm4.jpg in this picture it shows that I said I would report him to the /r/tf2trade mods. I never did that.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198008823135-serpa.10583/
    "The guy also called me for (unknown to me at the time) my ip to do.. something with it"
    I did indeed call him. I just simply wanted to see what his IP address was and to see where he was. Nothing more was used with his IP.

I am appealing this to not be able to go trading again, because I stopped big time trading quite a bit ago. (Of course I still do small csgo skin trades here and there but nothing major). But I am appealing this because someone sent me a message a steamrep link of me and asked if I'm a scammer. What I did was trolling (just randomly adding someone and doing what I did is something I completely am against now and would never do again and have not done since then) and all I can say is please understand that I made a mistake. I didn't take any items or money or anything (nor would I have). The most I did was waste someones time for 5-10 mins. I feel like this is something that should be given a warning and an understanding to.

Thank you for reading.
    (if you have any other questions about the report or anything else then please do ask.)​
  2. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    Hello @Serpa. After reviewing your case I decided to remove your Caution Tag, for the following reasons:
    - Time already served;
    - Time appeal pending without admin followup;
    - Lack of additional issues found since;

Please make sure you do not put yourself in the same position again, "trolling" like that may not have the same verdict next time. Best of luck.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**