1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198014774053 - (Waterbear / BANNED BY RAWR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Waterbear, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Waterbear

Waterbear New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:27254162
    Appeal for BANNED BY RAWR

Steam profile: 76561198014774053 (Waterbear)

Appeal Plea: N/A. There are no offenses listed at all.
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Fake - Report had falsified evidence
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I used to have an idling account, but its long gone now. I stopped playing for a while after I joined the military and have completely forgotten the account name and email address for it unfortunately.​

Appeal description:
    This is going to be a pretty hard case to make. Mainly because this all happened so long ago, depending on what you consider to be a "long time" and its very hard to find any evidence in my favor because of that. Three years ago, I spent a LOT of time at my cousins' house, where we all played a ton of TF2. Anyways, we did a lot of trading and they were interested in starting to scam people since we were all getting a bit burned out on the game. They wanted to cash out after scamming and buy Modern Warfare 3 since it had just came out, which they succeeded in doing. I honestly did not have any interest in scamming people, and I never will. I did however help them by holding the scammed items for a little while, something I was convinced into doing and I didn't think it was too big of a deal at the time. For this reason, my account has been listed as an alt this entire time. Either it was because of me holding the items, or I was just on the same IP as them. Over the past few years I haven't minded being labelled as a scammer since I haven't been actively playing the game. I want to get back into the TF2 community again and trading is a huge part of that. Its very hard being able to do so when I'm listed as a scammer and I'm constantly getting banned from all the legitimate trade servers. I really wish I could provide some actual evidence, but I don't think its very possible for me. Like I said before, it was long ago and there aren't many records of anything, including trade history since steam trading wasn't fully implemented at the time. I just hope you'll accept me back into this community that I genuinely love, and I also hope that you are able to at least somewhat believe my story. Thanks for taking the time to read this appeal.​
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.