1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198018507761 - (Oracle / BANNED BY ASBO)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Oracle, Apr 15, 2016.

1. Oracle

Oracle Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29121016
    Appeal for BANNED BY ASBO

Steam profile: 76561198018507761 (Oracle)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    DOTA 2 Account / Chatting
    | steamname: Khanzeal
    | steam3ID: [U:1:147238303]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:73619151
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198107504031
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198107504031

Appeal description:
    Firstly I would like to start off with this. This incident occurred, from this post, 1591 days ago. When I was approached by an admin I was freaked out at the time. This was 4 1/2 years ago. I denied everything. I didn't have a clear case because what I had done I believed was justified fully, and indeed, still do think is justified to this day. I appeal to you on the grounds that I believe this is a defamation of character at this stage as there was no intended scamming on my part and I committed no 'fraud'.

I was offering to sell Earbuds on a TF2 trading website. I was soon approached by a fellow offering Dead Island. I agreed and offered a trade window, which he quickly declined, opting to try and give me a CD key instead.

As long as he went first, I was fine with this.

Then he offered me a CD key. It came back negative. This went back and fourth a further three times. Four times in total. All negatives. I grew weary and threatened that I'd just report him for scamming if he continued to throw negatives at me.

He 'conveniently' finds a positive and throws it my way begrudgingly. I used it up. Now at the time, this thought sprung to mind "this guy just tried to scam me. FOUR TIMES. f✿✿✿ this guy".

So I removed him, and blocked him and that was it. I never even played the game. It was out of principal. I just wanted to burn the guy. He tried to scam me.

When an admin approached me trying to seek repayment for what I had 'STOLEN' I flat out refused. And here I am with a 'scammer' tag to this day.

I'd like to say that I did not scam anyone. It was simply a matter of me, a trader, trying to sell out of TF2 at the time so I could get other games and being confronted with some dude trying to scam me. I didn't appreciate that. So I wanted to burn him. Of course, he's a positive key down, he comes crying to you guys and claims I scammed him.

I'm coming clean with the full truth. I did take his copy. I have no intention of repaying some scammer just because he got burnt. I had no premeditated intention of scamming him. I'd like to have my tag cleared cause I never felt it was justified.

Thanks very much for taking the time to read this.
    Oracle​
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.
  3. Oracle

Oracle Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:29121016