1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198019030036 - (SAAAAANIC / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by phantom, Jun 24, 2014.

1. phantom

phantom New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29382154
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198019030036 (SAAAAANIC)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I filed this mainly with appeal to reason, not simply with the severity of the SteamRep policies. It may be odd that I finally decided to appeal after a few years, but that's because I was never much of a trader, nor did I scam. I finally decided to appeal today due to Steam's Summer Sale.

I was banned due to placing fake rep on a scammer's profile. Frankly, it's true. This person, http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198001582153, was an old friend of mines who I trusted. I was unaware and gullible, completely oblivious to the rules of trading and the potential of getting banned. Unaware of the potential of the ban, I placed fake rep on his profile as he requested. It was my fault for not declining his request, but because I knew him so long, I trusted him and followed his instructions. This occurred back in 2011. My friend and his companion were caught as a scammers by this fellow member, Vinator, with the post here > http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/83827-intoxx-SCAMMER-WATCHOUT!!. Their respective reppers, which include myself, were also placed into the spotlight and banned by SR.

I have successfully appealed before, but I did so on TF2 Outpost. My appeal was accepted by a SteamRep admin named HelenCasper, after a very tedious and long process. Unfortunately, when she said she unbanned me from SteamRep, I was told that she could not handle the process and it had to be forwarded directly to SteamRep to handle. After a few months, I was still not unbanned and asked her if she forwarded it. She told me she lost track of the appeal and did not have information of the current situation of my appeal. So now, I had to send another appeal to SteamRep instead of to Outpost, but by then I was discouraged and didn't need to trade anything important at the moment, so I decided not go into the hassle of doing so. Today, it seems I've finally decided to do so.

I have uploaded and attached screenshots of evidence regarding SR Admin HelenCasper's acceptance of my appeal on TF2 Outpost, though not successfully transferred and handled to SteamRep. HelenCasper requested screenshots of my inventory history in a certain time period. The screenshots of evidence continue off from there.

If this evidence is not sufficient to prove of my innocence with the fact that I have never had intentions of scamming, but simply made the wrong mistake of helping a friend by placing fake reputation, then please request other possible inventory history screenshots or any forms of evidence that I can possibly provide in helping my appeal.

Thanks,
    - phantom​

Attached Files:

2. phantom

phantom New User

Steam:
    Excuse the minor amount of grammatical lapses in the appeal. I would also like to clarify that intoxx - http://www.steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198013194594, was the companion of my friend Perfection, aka. .tm4. I was asked by my friend to place reputation on the profile of intoxx. I am not affiliated with any of the other reppers on intoxx's profile, nor do I know them. I can only assume that my friend, http://steamrep.com/search?q=76561198001582153, was affiliated with intoxx in terms of scamming, which in turn motivated my friend to request fake reputation from myself and a few others which I do not know. Even in late 2011, nearly a year from the introduction of the Mann Co. update and in-game trading, I was unaware and oblivious to the policies considering reputation, as I did not take such matters seriously. I now see why reputation is a huge thing in trading. It affects the judgement imposed on other traders, varying on the amount of reputation they have. This was a sincere mistake on my part. Nevertheless, I have already understood these policies and I will take them into heavy consideration from now on, unlike the mentality and lack of knowledge I had regarding trading and reputation in 2011.

- phantom
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I have verified some of the story of appealing with another admin, due to some internal policy issues, it was reverted,
    This case is very very old. You can add me on steam if you wish and I will expedite it.
  4. phantom

phantom New User

Steam:
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065711953/

Here's an account that I started sharing with someone for the sake of using his csgo account. It is his account and he has control over when I need to get off, etc. As I said before I only started using this account long after I appealed. Since and before this appeal I have had no incidents with breaking trade regulations or reputation regulations, anywhere along the lines of "scamming". This is the only incident that occurred, and it occurred with the account I am using for this appeal.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    granting

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2015