1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198021761002 - (Smash The House / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Smash The House, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Smash The House

Smash The House Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30747637
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198021761002 (Smash The House)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I shouldn't have done what I did, never done it again and never will. I'm older, I'm wiser and I would like to get myself unbanned.

p.s. for the next time please make it possible to react on your own thread so you can tell you have changed your Steam settings, no need to create a new appeal like this while the 'problem' could've been solved with 1 click (profile for 'friends only' to 'public').​
  2. Smash The House

Steam:
    Can't add the guy because he, obviously, blocked me. Tried to contact him through Steam, tried asking him to add me, but no response.
  3. Smash The House

Steam:
    Is it possible to receive an update?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @Smash The House,

Appeals which do not comply will directly be archived. Our experience is that often people aren't willing to comply with our rules for appeals once we found these to not comply to them. Its then faster and easier for us to just archive and let them retry then go wait b4 they MAY comply.

I'm not sure why your appeal was not moved to a subforum yet, so I did move it.

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #4: Watch your appeal thread
    #8: Public profile, public backpack on ALL your accounts.
    #9: Pay back the victim
    #11: Only one appeal.
    #12: Basic appeal procedure.
    #15: Bumping your appeal.
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #20: Status of your appeal.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I Talked with the victim, and he tells he had not blocked you. Apparently you have blocked him. You need to unblock him before you can add him.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  6. Smash The House

Steam:
    That's weird because I have nobody on my block list since I never block someone.

'Blocked Users'

'You have not blocked anyone'
  7. Smash The House

Steam:
    Is it possible to get a solution? I'm already getting 5 friend requests a day because my profile is now public. I would like to change it to private/friends only again.
  8. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Well you've not tried hard enough to pay the victim back, so there is no solution and you will have to wait with your profile public. If you take it off public to private the appeal will likely be auto deny. Your choice to either put more effort into paying back the victim AND continue to keep your profile public or abandon the appeal and live with the tag for being impatient.
  9. Smash The House

Steam:
    Like I said, I have nobody blocked and the so said victim doesn't reply. How else am I able to contact him? This website is able to ban people in mere seconds but when you want to get unbanned it takes a month? If a month is 'impatient' yeah sure go ahead, but I have 40 euros for the victim ready to give, but if he doesn't reply to my message and I haven't blocked him in any way, I can't think of something else...
  10. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Find a friend or two friends to help you, add the victim. Go the extra mile and as for the unban you are not guaranteed to get unbanned no matter when you appeal and each appeal can take weeks if not longer to process to investigate everything. Appealing right after you are tagged and getting it removed in say a few weeks/month or even a few months isn't really going to apply any punishment in many cases either. Paying back the victim is also just a requirement to process the appeal, no guarantee that the ban will be lifted and that is stated on the Appeals FAQ.

So as I suggested... find some friends to help you put, Silent already added the person to see if you were blocked on their end and you are not. It is up to you to go that extra distance and put in the work to get the appeal to move along.
  11. Smash The House

Steam:
    Like I said, I have nobody blocked and I can screenshot it if it's needed. The only thing here that needs to happen is he removing me from a ignore/blocked list so I can add him or he can add me. If there's no movement in this case this weekend I'll just close it myself, shouldn't be this hard to give someone 40 euros.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  13. Smash The House

Steam:
    So first you close a thread of mine because my profile wasn't public, something you could've asked and keep my thread open. So I HAD to open another thread. You already took the time to reply here and now you and the other guy are throwing around with 'rules'. I'm a full grown man who wants to take responsibility of what a younger me has done.

Like I already said, I haven't blocked anyone and the problem is most probably at victim's end (ignored/blocked). It shouldn't be this hard to give someone the 40 euros he/she deserves.
  14. Smash The House

Steam:
    And to add on further note, I've posted a message on his Steam page a couple of days ago. This message has been removed and the victim set his page to the settings so it's not possible to post a message if you're not a friend.
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Smash The House,

Read this topic: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    And please pay special note to the following point(s):
    #9: Pay back the victim

16. Smash The House

Steam:
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello @Smash The House,

You waited long enough to start repaying/doing a appeal. I'll oblige you and reject the appeal.