1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198024534999 - (awesome / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by awesomelex, Jan 24, 2015.

1. awesomelex

awesomelex Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32134635
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198024534999 (awesome)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    First, hello!
    Preamble: In the not too distant 2012, when I created an account, I did not know about the sites where you need to invite friends and for that you get the game. (a site which I sent to your friends). Pleaded guilty to this.
    The plot: The main reason for the "ban" - Phishing. I ask carefully disassemble message shown in the screenshot (it was evidence in this topic - http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198024534999-awesome.5023/)
    Message on my profile Steam: Who wants to see inaccessible goods Steam, just go through this link http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=us
    Let me explain: Since I live in Russia, and the prices are in rubles. You probably know that the prices in different countries differ (dollars, euros, etc.). Previously (!!!) it was possible to buy the game by clicking on the client for the link (it is not a fraud! http://store.steampowered.com/ it leads to the official website)
    I apologize if I have someone misled, but no one was hurt (and could not). I am an honest player and do not want to spoil the reputation.​

Attached Files:

2. awesomelex

Steam:
    Hi! Can I somehow influence the process?
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Apologies for having your appeal wrongly sorted, now moved to the correct section and will be followed up by another admin soon.
  4. awesomelex

Steam:
    Thanks
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Your explanation is sufficient for the comment you had on your profile, but not the message you left the other user in chat in the report. Can you provide more detail?
  6. awesomelex

Steam:
    Well, that was in 2012 (7 years ago) and I may not remember all the details.
    But I have two suggestions about this situation:
    1. I could be hacked and sent this message to all my friends from the list.
    2. Someone could send me a link with a "referral system" (you need to send the link to several friends in order to get a gift of some game). The link to the site (which was sent in the message) no longer works and redirects to another site.
  7. Tio José das Vacas

Tio José das Vacas SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:32194479
    After a review of the report/taking into account the appeal, I am granting this appeal:
    - Excessive waiting time for an Admin reply/verdict on the appeal;
    - Policy change regarding phishing
    Appeal granted.