1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198024691514 - (Flipybitz / BANNED BY AF2)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Flipybitz, Jul 5, 2014.

1. Flipybitz

Flipybitz Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32212893
    Appeal for BANNED BY AF2

Steam profile: 76561198024691514 (Flipybitz)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Flipy
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:89699002
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198139663733
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/flipyisdabest
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198139663733

Appeal description:
    I did a paypal chargeback for an unusual vintage merryweather around 2011-2012 a few years ago, and after I was banned permanently for it on all trading services and all trading servers, I gave up and quit. After an unrelated vac ban, my inventory with everything I had was deleted and so I never wished to return to tf2 or trading, and I didn't... for a long time at least.
    I've recently (and recently meaning the last month) have gotten back into tf2, but having created a completely new account, starting from scratch, and not wanting to link myself to anything that I've done previously. I've been a legitimate trader for the past few weeks, I've made my own profit in an authentic way, and I'm happy I was able to. I don't intend to scam anyone more, as my first scam I pulled quickly backfired and I'm glad it did so I wasn't able to do it to anyone else.

All of this was a few years ago, and I'm genuinely wanting a fresh start, to become a respectable member of the trading community, and hopefully work my way up the ranks legitimately. I'm only appealing on this account because my new account was permanently banned from tf2outpost.com without warning, saying it was an alt of this account (which it is). I don't want this account unbanned, just my other account free from its tf2outpost.com ban (which I appealed there, and it was denied). I'm not sure how I can re-appeal if this appeal gets accepted, maybe someone can help me look into it, but I never intend on scamming, or tricking anyone in order to steal items from other legitimate players. (I guess I could throw in that I bought a key from a guy for 8 ref from backpack.tf, and he later contacted me and said that he meant to put in 8.55 and forgot the .55 at the end, so I traded him the extra 0.55 in good faith...)

For what it's worth, my first (and last) attempt at fraud was imediately a lesson learned, and I don't intend to make the same mistake twice. I would like to start over and leave behind the mistake I made before.

If the user I've scammed is still available (as this was many years ago), I'd like to find a way to return his money. I wont be able to pay him back in full imediately, but I can eventually in a reasonable amount of time.

Thanks.​
  2. Flipybitz

Flipybitz Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32212893
    Before they say "we can't unban you from tf2outpost, go appeal there"...

[​IMG]

They need the tag removed from here first I guess.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.