1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198025887810 - (Mungo Jerry is my spirit father / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Spelunkerr, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Spelunkerr

Spelunkerr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32811041
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198025887810 (Mungo Jerry is my spirit father)

Appeal Plea: N/A. There are no offenses listed at all.
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    *NOT MY STEAM ACCOUNT OR ALTERNATE ACCOUNT, BUT RATHER THE ONE THAT HAS BEEN FLAGGED AGAINST MY NAME AS AN ALTERNATE ACCOUNT*

| steamname: I lift on a daily basis
    | steam3ID: [U:1:50412030]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:25206015
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198010677758
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/swagman007
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198010677758

Hey guys, I sort of know how these things work so ill try and keep it simple :)

To the admin reviewing my appeal!
    I have a friend who I know is a scammer. (the account listed above) I go to school with this friend (I am in my last year of school this year). I am a legitimate trader and have plenty of rep on my steam account to show this. This friend of mine was scamming multiple people for a fairly small amount of money. (I knew that he was doing some small market place based scams but I did not really do or say anything about it but tell him he is an idiot and inform him that he would probably get trade banned eventually.)
    Today this friend of mine sent me a message during the day (I am currently at home sick away from school at the time of me writing this and at the time of my SR ban) He told me that he had been trade banned on Steam, to which I said something along the lines of "I told you so".
    Later on in the day he sent me another message saying something like "topkek you got banned on SR and it says you are one of my alternate accounts".
    Now YES, I DO know who this person is and I know him in real life, but NO I am NOT one of his alternate accounts, and I have been unreasonably banned for being one. We go to the same school but I do not know his password and he does not know mine. I also understand that 2 other accounts have listed as his alternate accounts to which he says that he "honestly does not know who they are".

For these reasons i feel that i have been unreasonably banned from StreamRep. This is extremely unfortunate to me because I really do enjoy CSGO trading, and i am constantly betting on professional matches and trading in game. Thank you for reading my appeal, I hope a genuine outcome can be reached.

I AM HAPPY TO ANSWER ALL AND ANY QUESTIONS ASKED. All of what has been written is the 100% TRUTH.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION THAT MAY HELP THE CASE:
    1. I know that another real life friend of mine reported the user 'I lift on a daily basis' (the one that led to me getting steam rep banned) because he had a tantrum at him after losing a competitive CSGO game.
    2. I have been cautioned on SR before. This was a fair while ago at some point last year of a person claiming that I have scammed him. Nothing happened with this case in due time so I figured that I was proven innocent in that case. (which i was). You can check out the caution and report against me on my SR profile, it's pretty self explanatory and you might find some more details there.
    3. Although I do know the user 'I lift on a daily basis' in real life, I have never taken part in his scams and have never done anything against Steam or Steamrep policies with or without the above user.
    4. The only conclusion to why I think that I might of been banned and marked as an alternate account is because me and the user 'I lift of a daily basis' use the same VPN's and proxies at our school to get around the school firewall system. This might somehow of made our IP addresses similar while we were at school, but I can guarantee that we are not alternate accounts and do not use the same IP address unless we are using a VPN or proxy whilst using our school network.

Once again thanks for taking the time to read this, I appreciate it. Have a great day, and thank you for the service that you provide for Steam, and the Steam trading community.​
  2. Spelunkerr

Spelunkerr New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32811041
    Look I know mods around here are looking at these threads and its pretty interesting that mine has just been ignored... I really need this so I can start betting again with Katowice 2015 coming up.
    I'm not meaning to be rude in anyway, I just dont get why i havent even gotten a response.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Hello @Spelunkerr,

Your tag and alternate account have been removed during an audit. As a result, your appeal is no longer valid, and has been archived. To be clear, this does not serve to invalidate or discount the pending report against you, but because you were tagged as an alt and that has been reverted, this appeal serves no purpose. If the report against you results in a tag, you will need to create a new appeal.