1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198028501805 - (Soupa Blyat / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Soupa Blyat, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Soupa Blyat

Soupa Blyat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34118038
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198028501805 (Soupa Blyat)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Unknown
    | steam3ID: [U:1:221588841]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:110794420
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198181854569
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198181854569

Appeal description:
    Hello,
    I am appealing a ban that I received almost 3 years ago for scamming an unusual hat in Team Fortress 2: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198028501805-mrsoupsox.30166/
    I made a very stupid mistake in doing this, and I still regret the grief that I caused my victim to this day. I've been active in the CS:GO trading community as of late, and I want to right my wrong in whatever way I can. I haven't been able to find the person that I scammed, but I would certainly be willing to make any repayment that I can, in items or other, to possibly make up for this cruel act that I performed as a dumb, selfish, and previously-scammed kid. I really wish to put this dumb mistake behind me, and certainly help reimburse the person that I scammed in whatever ways possible. I hope the reader of this appeal can help me right this wrong in finding the person that I wronged so harshly, and help me move forward from such a dumb, selfish, and flatout-cruel mistake. I recently got a job as a Software Developer in Computer Security, and this brought to mind the unacceptable past behavior that I made in the Team Fortress community, not to mention the overall Steam trading community, and how I should make things right to make a safer trading community for everyone.
    Thank you for your consideration,
    Denver​
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you haven't found the person you scammed then you are not trying very hard, they were last online 33 hours ago so still active.
    Repayment is required before an appeal is even touched.
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    #9 but I suggest you read it all.
  3. Soupa Blyat

Soupa Blyat New User

Steam:
    Thank you for linking me, I didn't see the details for repayment prior to making the thread. I attached an image of the requested game sent to metroidman, but he also plans on posting here directly. Thank you for your help

Attached Files:

4. Soupa Blyat

Soupa Blyat New User

Steam:
    Sorry for another reply, I don't mean to bump the thread, I just wanted to clarify (as per the rules), that I use my alternative account as a CS:GO competitive account for playing at a lower level (a smurf acct.) than my primary account, and I'm the only person that uses it, although very seldomly.
  5. metroidman12311

metroidman12311 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50811287
    Sorry for the late reply but I wanted to say that Soupa Blyat has more than repaid for the scam 3 years ago. To make amends he bought me Fallout 4 at its retail price of $80 even though the unusual was priced at only $60 at the time it was scammed. If this doesn't show his regret about what he did then I doubt much else will.
  6. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @Soupa Blyat,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- Steamrep does not, by policy, grant change of heart appeals for real world currency related scams
    - Did not pay back victim(s) until after making appeal

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**