1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198028705372 - (playmobot / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by playmobot, May 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. playmobot

playmobot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34219822
    Appeal for BANNED BY SOP

Steam profile: 76561198028705372 (playmobot)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Wrong Alt - Alternate account is not my account
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    Alt:

Known Brothers Accounts:
    76561198057947529​

Appeal description:
    I don't know much about this ban, I looked through the offense thread (http://forums.sourceop.com/threads/98104-Scammer-stole-my-Scorching-Lucky-Shot) and it seems to be that my brother impersonated someone on a server and tricked them into trading two of their hats.

I looked through the trade history of the hat (http://www.tf2items.com/item/679653670) and the hat was never traded to me, don't know how useful this is but its about the only proof I have.

I don't live with my brother anymore so if you check my ip (currently 24.188.190.176) it dosen't match the ip from the thread. However at the time that the thread was started (Jan 29, 2012) I would have been living with him, so at the time our ip would have been the same which I think could be why I was banned. Sorry I don't have more information but I will try to get some more.​
  2. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Hello @playmobot,

I'm afraid to say that your appeal has been denied.

You claimed in your appeal that the hat in question was never in your possession, yet after a discussion with "You Are The One" you remember exactly what happened to the hat just by you digging up some information and that from a scam that was done a few years ago. Something that should have popped up even before you were making this appeal. You found it odd that your 'brother' was behaving like that, but you never really considered mentioning it.

You mentioned multiple known 'brother' accounts, but you lacked to mention the existence of your other 'brother' skaterluca1 in this appeal, but you did mention him in the chat. In combination that your 'brothers' accounts are completely private, there is no way any details can be pulled from them. Seeing you are on the phone with him all the time, you'd expect you or him would mention something about the scamming or the appeal you made.

You are always responsible what happens on your own account, hence passwords were invented.

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.