1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198029099196 - (Invisible Gambler / BANNED BY RAWR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Invisible Gambler, Apr 25, 2016.

1. Invisible Gambler

Invisible Gambler New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:34416734
    Appeal for BANNED BY RAWR

Steam profile: 76561198029099196 (Invisible Gambler)

Appeal Plea: N/A. There are no offenses listed at all.
    Appeal Reason: [Evidence] Missing - Evidence is missing or not enough
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I do not have any alternat accounts​

Appeal description:
    So, this is obviously my first appeal and I would very much appreciate if the admins can "walk me through" on how I can hopefully get my account to be unbanned. My account was marked as "BANNED" 5 years ago, June 2011. I think around this time I was just getting into Team Fortress 2, and I remember going on a bunch of trading servers that used to be popular back then. They were popular because TF2 had its own trading system, as the steam trading had not come into play yet. I would assume this is when my ban occurred. I was not aware of the ban for 5 years, until I checked it just recently and had discovered that I was banned. It mentions that I was banned by RAWR trading club, but as I understood they no longer operate. So, for the evidence part, I honestly can provide none. This was a very long time ago, and I have no clue what I did, or even what I was doing back then. I have never used any TF2 trading websites back then, ( I didn't even know they existed). My assumption is that somebody mistakenly reported me for scamming, even though (from my memory) all I had been doing is giving items to other players in exchange for other items, via the TF2 trading system. As the new steam trading system came out, I most likely had a go at it. I can make out that it most likely wasn't perfect, and certain trades may or may not have been going through. This probably resulted in a complaint about my account, but all I really remember is that all of my trades have been successful. There is no specific victim, as I don't know who filed the report on me, or who I traded with in order for them to actually report me as a scammer. I have not used any "hacking" software, devious/malicious ways of convincing anyone to give me their items for nothing in return. Nor have I attempted to impersonate a trade bot, as I wasn't aware TF2 trading websites existed. Due to the fact that I can not provide evidence from years ago, I don't know if this appeal will be taken into account. I do not have any friends deemed as scammers, and I did not add anyone I traded with, as that was not required. If any of the admins tell me to add any more information they need, I will add it, but the chat logs or trade transactions may be a problem. I don't even think the TF2 trading system kept trading logs. I hope you can understand my situation, even if the ban is from a while back.​
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here if you encounter issues.