1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198030016355 - ([TPG] Majestic Looking Painting / BANNED BY ASBO)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by P0rtal, Jun 14, 2014.

1. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34875313
    Appeal for BANNED BY ASBO

Steam profile: 76561198030016355 ([TPG] Majestic Looking Painting)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    The day I got banned by ASBO, it was around 2011, the year I had gotten Team Fortress 2 installed and the time I first played. I had joined ASBO as one of my first groups for fun and the events that took place. One day, one of the admins asked if anyone wanted to Spycrab for a key. I volunteered thinking if I lost, I lost, and if I won, I got a prize, like carnivals. At the time, the admin did not tell me any rules, explications or anything whatsoever, he just said "3,2,1, Spycrab". A year after my Steamrep ban, I talked to the guy that I had spycrabbed and told him I had the key, and asked if he wanted to have it now. He said sure, but it isn't going to remove your ban status. At that time I was mad, because of a simple misunderstanding, I had gotten banned from 60% of Team Fortress 2 Servers. And this, is my case.​
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Hello @P0rtal,

Your appeal thread has been categorized into its proper sub-forum.

Please read this topic for more information: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/
    If after reading that you have any missing information in your appeal, you can append/correct information by making subsequent posts in this appeal topic.

PS: This reply does not mean your appeal is under investigation or being worked on yet. It is just a first call to complete your information. So that when investigation starts, the appeal admin can work faster through the appeal.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    1. As indicated in the appeal tips thread linked in my previous post, I need proof that you indeed repaid Deathstalker. He can reply here on this topic that you did.
    2. Also, did you read point #7: What are Alts in said linked thread above? please fill in.
    You have 7 days to fill in on these. After that the appeal will be handled on its merits if you didn't answer.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2014
  4. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    Thank you for taking further notice upon my thread.

So as for point #7, I do not have an accessible alt account, and that is that.

And for point #9, I have not yet repaid Deathstalker, if that is his name, but I would gladly repay him if it will help with getting rid of the hate in my name.
  5. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  6. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    Alright, I will try to fully complete #7:
    • All accounts that you use or have used in the past: Just this account.
    • All accounts that you have access to yourself: This account, again.
    • All accounts that can be linked to you even if not yours such as family or friends due to sharing connections or computers: My brother has a steam account himself:
    | steamname: laptite_22
    | steam3ID: [U:1:98524493]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:49262246
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198058790221
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198058790221

And I believe that is all I can complete about point #7.

He hasn't been online? Does this damage the chances of my ban getting removed?

Other than that, if there is anymore trouble please let me know.
  7. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
  8. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    If you want a legitimate answer to who that was, here it is:

I might have said I only used this account, but in reality, it is an other of my accounts, one of which I used to access trade sites like tf2tp.com and tf2outpost.com because I had no access to it. But the reason I had not listed them is I could not find them, and I tried, but since it never showed up, I thought steam might have deleted it.

Here is an other one of them, but it has been inactive for a while:

| steamname: Gex the Gecko
    | steam3ID: [U:1:140107166]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:70053583
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198100372894
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Gecko_X
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198100372894
  9. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    Has this been abandoned?
  10. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    No it was not, but I had no time, for I had other pressing matters.
  11. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
  12. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    Still waiting on a heads-up with this. I know he hasn't responded to your message and that you're busy, but as long as this isn't abandoned I can wait some more.
  13. P0rtal

P0rtal New User

Steam:
    Just an other bump to see if this is ever going to be picked up again, or if it's just abandoned. It has been a year since an admin posted on this thread after all...
  14. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  15. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Well, I'm granting the appeal for a couple reasons:

- Deathstalker was contacted to read & respond here and chose in near 1,5 year not to, which ends up to be disinterest for a repay or have a say.
    - The repay amount is not so high that a lot is lost or w/e with it, it was just a key.
    - Time since ban / start of handling of the appeal has been more then long enough.
    - No other issues where found.

That last one is the most important one.
    The original information was still available from the ASBO forums, which did show that you didn't want to repay etc. and didn't even have the value on your account in items to surmount a key (made available for other admins here on SR if they wish to read).

Read #24:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/