1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198033791869 - ([DL]Dump / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by purple-horse, Aug 18, 2016.

1. purple-horse

purple-horse New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36763070
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198033791869 ([DL]Dump)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    none​

Appeal description:
    I got added by http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198026133530 and he offered me a trade i accepted. A few days later he asked me if I could help him, I said yes and he added http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...tex-101-76561198033791869-purple-horse.11788/ this man. Apparently the man who i traded with was a scammer what i was not aware of. I had to learn it the hard way and got banned from tf2 outpost which kinda ruined my tradeds and fun in the game. Now I'm back in tf2 and want to trade again but I'm still banned. Thats why I'm making this appeal now after so long.
    I hope you guys understand it and sorry if my English isn't the best. I try atleast :D
    Have a nice day, Dump​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You need to explain your involvement in the incident in detail.
  3. purple-horse

purple-horse New User

Steam:
    I will try to explain the best i can but i can miss some parts since it was almost 4 years ago.
    Lets say the scammer is person 1 and the victim is person 2
    Well like I said he asked me if I could help him so I said yes. He added the other guy in a steam chat and they had a talk.
    Turned out person 1 wanted to "buy" some unusuals from person 2 by using real money and he needed a middle man, which was me.
    I didn't really know what they talked about and he pmed me things in a private chat, things i needed to say in the group to person 2.
    From the report that was made about me and person 1 you can see that i didnt really talk, i said that i was a middleman for a friend of mine which was person 1 and that was fake.
    I dont really know what else i need to say or what else you want to know, I think i explained it the best i can.
    I never scammed someone and never will this was just me being a silly f✿✿✿ and not being aware of what happening.
    Greetings, Dump
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You clearly communicated with "person 1" prior to joining the group chat and knew what to say to "person 2". I do not accept you blindly said things to "person 2" just because "person 1" told you to, you must have known something was going on.
  5. purple-horse

purple-horse New User

Steam:
    Ofcourse he told me he was going to trade person 2 for some hats, i didnt know the amount of money he was "buying" them for that was all new for me.
    Like i said it was 4 years ago and now you say so and im thinking more and more about it I can remember some stuff he said about scamming person 2. i cant give you the complete sentece he told me because i forgot it.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review of the appeal and the original chat log, I find you were indeed a willing accomplice and the appeal will be denied.
    You freely admit to taking direction from your friend the scammer as to what to say and that he discussed with you prior to some extent what he was going to do. Furthermore, the scam would not have worked unless you were fully vested into doing it to begin with, for all these reasons, no consideration of the appeal is warranted.

Appeal denied.