1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198034699413 - (im not a molester / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Routin, Apr 14, 2016.

1. Routin

Routin New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37216842
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198034699413 (im not a molester)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before, but was told to handle other tags or to fix something else before my appeal

Alternate Accounts:
    None.​

Appeal description:
    Greetings. My name is "im not a molester" as you can see in the above block, previously known as (and banned as) "Routin".

I was banned 995 days ago, which is almost 3 years (Anniversary!, jk)
    Since then i changed a lot, grew older, and made more mature and responsible.
    8 Months ago, i decided that i should really attempt cleaning my record, as it no longer valid as for today. I started by appealing my reddit ban.
    I started talking with the subreddit's mods. I provided great evidences and did all they asked me to, until the mod who was put in charge on my case just disappeared.

7 months later, i was back on reddit, trying to claim my title back. I contacted one of the most veteran moderators on the subreddit (/u/RGBacon) and after a month and an internal-meeting/investigation about my case, they decided to degrade my tag to "Caution", which means they don't think i am really a threat to the community anymore.

Now, i have come here, my final destination to my trading freedom and clean record. In the next few paragraphs, i hope i will be able to convince you that i have really changed and have no real interest in stuff involving frauds, scams etc..

I will start off by saying: Yes, i have appealed in the past (I think it was right after i got the ban) and was told to first take care of my community tags. In the appeal i had here, i told that it was my friend who did this. So i wanna come clean saying.... Well, it was really my friend all along.
    I just came to a conclusion that if i will keep on blaming my friend, you won't really mind it. It is my account, and as for today i am mature enough to say that it was my responsibility to take care of my account and watching my friend's action so he won't do anything stupid. So even though it was my friend who did the scam attempts, I feel like it is still MY responsibility as it is my account.

Now for the evidences:
    I don't have a lot to prove since what i did was photographed and uploaded and (justly) got me banned. Although, when i started the reddit appeal they mentioned that i have alt accounts registered to my account on SteamREP. I put on my detective's fedora and started pursuing the truth;
    A quote from my reddit appeal: (NOTE: All dates mentioned on the quote are relevant to ~8months ago, please read and absorb the information carefully as it is really proving that these are not my alts by any means.)
    As said before, i am not appealing my ban. It was well deserved. The only thing is that i think that (almost) a 3 years ban is more than enough for the little i have done. The "scam" was an attempt that failed badly, i was given no items in the end and didn't have any scam encounters since/until then.

To summarize what i had to say:
    I will never, never, go back on this road. It did no good and i have learned my lesson over the past 3 years.
    I am a more mature, responsible human being. Since then, i grew up and built my self a different set of mind.
    All i want is to have (some) freedom at trading in the community that for a long time i was a good, healthy part of.
    I was proven for not being a threat anymore. After internal meetings about my case (That was claimed to be a "Special" situation by reddit mods, i think for the time passed since the actual scam attempt) /r/tf2outpost decided, as a team, that i am not longer a thread to the community, they degraded my tag to "Caution" - saying that i do still have a shady past, and might come back on that track. Currently, i am working on removing that Caution tag too, but i am pleased with the current result so far.

That's it, i hope you understood my stance, and will be more than happy to answer any questions you have.
    Please:
    do not jump to conclusions before asking me about some subject regarding my case, i do have reasoning for every bit of this case and can provide answers to anything, just ask :)

Thanks, and have a great day.
    -Routin
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    SR tags are not applied based on country and or region,
    Specifically account 9690, not acceptable proof due to being dated after ban and no way to verify what account anyhow. What would be acceptable, for example, would be game match data dated prior to offense. (such as a dota match id)
    The rest of the accounts mentioned, nothing substantive.
    You also need to provide a list of any and all steam accounts of yours, in addition, a list of steam accounts that can be linked to you, even if not yours (going to make this very very clear, this includes accounts you have or previously had access to) such as brother, friend, dog and specifically identify each.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Routin

Routin New User

Steam:
    I don't know if i didn't get what you are trying to say or the other way around, but i was not given an SR Tag for the alt accounts, they came out later, way later.
    As for the connected/linked accounts:
    -My own account (im not a molester) - http://steamcommunity.com/id/Routin - my only account since forever.
    -My brother's account (which is on the same LAN network, other than that nothing) - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198054547642/
    -The only other account i can think of being somehow linked to my PC is maybe this account (A friend's account that once logged in from my PC) - http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045533873/

Other than that i don't have any idea what other account can be linked to mine.
    I would love to know where and how these accounts where written to my profile to be my "alts".
    P.S: Is having the accounts to my name makes me tagged too? (if they are banned for something)

Thanks!
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    And otherwise you have no clue who the user(s) are that you are tagged an alt of?
  5. Routin

Routin New User

Steam:
    I Truly wish i did, the speculations i brought up in the reddit quote are the only ideas i have related to them.
    When the reddit mods granted the appeal i thought they considered the speculations to be reasonable,
    so i thought i should bring them up once more in front of the SR Staff.

I never had an alt account, and never considered one as well.

If you gave me some details about how these were assigned to my account i might be able to refine my guess, but i really don't have an idea which is more creative than the ones i presented :D
  6. Routin

Routin New User

Steam:
    I see that the thread tag is still "Need More Information", is there anything else i need to provide? Or do i just wait now?(under investigation)

Thanks, and have a good weekend y'all
  7. Routin

Routin New User

Steam:
    Does the thread tag means that i need to provide more info? If so, what else should i provide?
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a review, I am declining to consider the appeal. SR, by policy, does not grant appeals for RWC (real world currency) offenses. And
    Appeal denied.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**