1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198035827891 - ({W.I.A} TisTheSeasonToBeScary / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by {W.I.A} Indominus Rex, Oct 23, 2016.

1. {W.I.A} Indominus Rex

{W.I.A} Indominus Rex Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37781081
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198035827891 ({W.I.A} TisTheSeasonToBeScary)

Appeal Plea: I committed some of the listed offenses, but not all of them
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    Hello Steam Rep, this is my first ever appeal so sorry if doesn't fit your requirements. Regarding the "scam" I admit I ran. However I didn't do this for no reason. I had met the victim on an 100% critical hit trade server on tf2. I had played on this server every single day for the past couple months, before I was banned from it of course. I was well known and had never scammed anyone before. This person I did not recognize from ever being on the server and was challenging people to duels. Being scammed before I wanted to make sure this guy was legit. I checked his profile and it said he had limited account, hadn't been on steam that long, yet he items far more expensive than mine. I figured "what the heck, lets do it", I had never gambled before so I started out with the lowest he would go, a specialized killstreak iron bomber kit which was around a key at the time I believe. I wanted to test him though, as a wise person would want to know his opponent before just gambling it away. He accepted but was quite hasty I might add to get to the actual fight. I noticed this person was not that good. He were playing like someone who didn't know how to play. This didn't make sense though, how could someone bad be in possession of good items and yet be offering to duel for them? I was wary but I didn't think much of it. However when the real fight came he was unstoppable. Here lies the reason I fled. I was ignorant in the ways of gambling and in my eyes I had just been played. In my eyes I had seen someone deliberately play bad to fool me into betting better stuff which he would ultimately win. So I "ran" because I felt that it was an unfair and misleading fight and made a poor decision of expressing that. So in conclusion I admit, I lost and I just want to pay my dues to get this curse of being marked off of me. I never meant to scam and never will again but you also shouldn't go around misleading people to lure them in. I just want the victim to know I was wrong but he should know what he did wasn't right either.
    Thank you for your time.​
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691