1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198040145711 - (TilTed Awper / SR CAUTION)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Effix, Jul 24, 2016.

1. Effix

Effix Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:39939991
    Appeal for SR CAUTION

Steam profile: 76561198040145711 (TilTed Awper)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    none​

Appeal description:
    I used SteamRep as a way to get my items back from my scammer, scaring him into thinking he would get banned on it. He gave back my items, and i was the only victim who he scammed. I will no longer use this site for this use ever again, and I understand how it can waste the time of admins, and how this is not a proper way to get my items back. I will promise to never do it again, and if it happens again, i will take the bigger punishment. Thank you​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You may add me on steam to discuss.
  3. You Are The One

Steam:
    Two week notice to followup.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    You have not followed-up as requested but..

I do not see any offense in posting a report (and if you are a scam victim, you should always make a report) in order to nudge someone who wronged you to do the right thing and return your items. I do not want this case to have a chilling effect on users in fear of being tagged for correctly reporting a user who scams them. I am taking this as you used the wrong wording and meant nothing more of it (and lacking any contrary claims as such). I just want to make it clear in case others see this as a sanctioned tactic to extort innocent users into getting free items, in those cases, a user would be tagged. In addition, I am kicking the original report back to the reports team for reconsideration.

Appeal approved/tag rescinded.