1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198040690355 - (GD.dwwwN / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT, Aug 31, 2014.

1. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40212313
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198040690355 (GD.dwwwN)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    N/A​

Appeal description:
    Hello, I've been using my steam account for a while and I don't recall doing anything that I shouldn't be doing, I recently found out that I was banned by SteamRep through an attempt to log into csgolounge, I was very unhappy with that fact due to the inability of trading or betting on that site.
    I do admit that I was once one of many people who use phishing sites to steal people's accounts, but I certainly did not do that on my main account.
    I've had a friend over to my place and he mistakenly pasted something that I previously had copied and sent it to one/some contacts.
    I do guarantee that nothing similar to that happened in the last year or two.
    I'd really appreciate it if you guys could be forgiving and I'm asking you to help me out, please.
    Thank you for taking your time to read this and I promise you that my behavior with Steam/other community members has changed years ago.
    (I hope this doesn't get rejected, I ask you once again to be understanding)
  2. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
    I don't want to sound impatient, but is this ever getting handled ?
  3. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
  4. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
    Read and understood.
  5. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
    I do realise that and I'm terribly sorry that this happened, people make mistakes all the time and they rarely feel guilty about it, I do and I would say that I've been punished enough for what happened two years ago not that I'm capable of judging myself in this situation but I really suffered from this ban (It affected my reputation and relationships with other CS:GO Players and steam users), if you guys could please understand that and give me a second chance I would be truly grateful.
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Might want to also explain about the phishing sites too, that sounds like something you might be asked about eventually.
  7. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
    AS explained in the appeal, it was accidental.
  8. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Sorry to ask again, but i'm talking about

Seems pretty serious to a third party such as myself, which is why I was curious.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    In other words, you used "other accounts" to do actual phishing, but not "normally" on this one, but a "friend" pasted the "standard text" to "some" of your "contacts" of this account. And your excuse is that you didn't use this "main account" for phishing?
  10. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
    That's not exactly what I meant by main account, I'm just trying to explain the fact that I never did anything wrong on this account because it's mainly mine and because I didn't want to lose it, especially after getting my CS:GO, I did admit that I used to phish but it was before getting this account.
    My question to you is, am I held responsible for acts done by other people on my account? Because if I am then I guess I'm just wasting your precious time even though I want to be un-banned so bad.
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Hello again. The answer to your question should be found here: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/

12. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
    So, I guess I'm staying banned since I'm held responsible in this case :S
    I wish you guys could help me and make an exception if it's possible, it wasn't my fault or in my hand...There's also no victims to this incident.
  13. GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT

Steam:
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    I have linked you to a topic regarding bumping, yet you still bump. I've locked your appeal till such a time that a admin will take on the appeal.
  15. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @GD.dwN #ISRAELREKT,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- you are responsible for your account at all times, a friend using it is no excuse
    - you readily admit to sending phishing links regularly so the idea that because you didn't mean to do so on this account means you shouldn't be tagged for it is ridiculous
    - complete lack of insight or remorse

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**