1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal: 76561198043901584 - (I Do Stuff / BANNED BY RAWR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by I Do Stuff, Jul 28, 2014.

1. I Do Stuff

I Do Stuff Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41817928
    Appeal for BANNED BY RAWR

Steam profile: 76561198043901584 (I Do Stuff)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I would like to start by saying that I did commit a scam. Years ago, I was on a random trading server and I was not satisfied with my tf2 inventory. When I saw a guy saying that he wanted to sell his unusual, I thought I would try to scam him. After some talking, we agreed to trade. He would give me the hat, and I would give him some steam codes for money (that I did not have.) The first trade is the one in blue. The Refined metals and keys I gave him were about half the value of the hat, and they were to make him feel secure that if i did scam him, he wouldn't have lost as much. Then he put them back in the trade box, and when I counted to 3, he traded the metals and keys back while I copied and pasted the fake codes, essentially getting the hat for free. The trade in blue was when he gave back the keepsake. View attachment 113217
    After this when he told me they did not work, I either played the part for a bit wondering why the fake codes did not work, or I just deleted and blocked him.

The next image of the trade was when I had the hat and I traded it to some random guy for 12 keys, highlighted in red.
    View attachment 113218

At this time a couple years ago, my username was [RAWR] I Do Stuff. That was because I was an active trade member on that server, and don't worry, that was all legitimate trading, this hat was my only case ever of a scam. Anyways, SuicidalGoat, the victim, went over to the RAWR server to tell them about what I had done. So although I was not scamming on their server, that is where I was banned from. (I am not saying that I should not have been banned from RAWR because it was not on their server, I was simply giving all the details.) Then I remember on the 14'th (that day there is proof I was not on because there were no trades), I was at my grandparents house for the day. When I got back on the fifteenth, I tried to join trading servers, but it was said that I had been banned from SteamRep by RAWR. Immediately I added SuicidalGoat back and gave him all of the refined metal back and more for compensation. The reason it was not keys was because in the blue square I converted keys to metal. Essentially, I sold the hat and converted it to refined metal, and gave more metal back than I got. For this he was very thankful, and even a month or two after that we made up and played a few games of tf2 together.

View attachment 113219

However, despite the forgiveness of the victim, I was not unbanned. While I was at my grandparents house, I either left my computer on meaning I was signed into steam, or my brother logged on and was playing on my account. Either way, the admin of RAWR (I forget who, but I remember his profile pic was a heavy with a christmas tree hat on) had messaged me on the day I was not there demanding me to give the items back or I would be banned. Even when I got back I had no i dea that he had messaged me until I messaged him asking about the situation. He said that if I had given the items the day he asked, I would not have been banned, but because I was not there, and I gave the items back only a day later he would not repeal the ban that he put on me. At this time, RAWR was still up, and my request to be unbanned was shot down by the same admin simply because I gave it back a day late. In fact I remember chatting with a lower admin (I think he had SKS in his name) and even he thought I shpould be unbanned but he didn't have enough power.

Finally, going on a tangent, I have been on the other side of this as well.

View attachment 113220

These two trades highlighted in red are two back to back instances of myself getting hijacked. They both were caused by fake steam websites (I am very careful now :p) but I did lose about 250$, then got it restored, then lost it all again to another hijacker.

Overall I feel that I do deserve a second chance. This instance was the only time that I have ever scammed. As soon as I realized what I did was a horrible thing to do and how it could impact myu gaming life, I reimbursed the victim with more than I got, saving him time for having to sell the item, and making him more than he would have, and we even made up and played games together afterwards. Also, the only reason I am still banned is because2 I was unavailab le the day the admin messaged me, and even though I gave it back the next day, his prejudice simply because I was unavailable shot down my appeal to keep me banned even when other staffers of the same server thought I should be unbanned, while they knew the whole story and details too. Finally, I myself have lost over 450$ more than Suicidal Goat, and I'm not trying to say that what I did wasn't bad or it was only a minor scam, I am just trying to let you know that I know the horrible feeling of dread knowing you've lost everything that you have worked for to some jerk on the interenet, and you know that you can't resotre it because you are just some teen with no money.

I feel that everything I have said is as close to the turth as possible (that I can remember), I would gladly participate in a one on one interview, and I would be happy if you talked to suicidal goat to confirm the facts that I have presented. Please give me a second chance, I want to be part of the great Steam Trading Community once more.

Thank You,
    I Do Stuff​

Attached Files:

2. I Do Stuff

I Do Stuff Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Messed up ID block, ID32 is :

3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You have submitted an appeal for a tag issued by a community which no longer exists. All defunct community tags are inherited by SteamRep, but because the community responsible for the tags has disappeared, often taking evidence with them, a special procedure is in place.

Please log into steamrep.com and search for your own profile. On it, you will see a link below your tag(s) to submit an appeal.
    [​IMG]
    Click this link and follow the instructions. When you are finished, your appeal status will be listed below your tag. The process is in beta, so please reply here with screenshots if you encounter issues.