1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198044037036 - (no.way. / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Greg, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Greg

Greg New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41885654
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198044037036 (no.way.)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Severity - Severity of ban is higher than SteamRep policy recommends
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    steamID: KillerKris95
    steamID32: STEAM_0:1:50435920
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198061137569
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198061137569

Appeal description:
    Hello, this will be my first time appealing this and hopefully the last as I have changed not only as a person, but as a gamer. My offense was impersonating and then proceeding to make a fool out of myself on the account that I had matched to an admin (BigBoss) of a TF2 server/community called GHS. I don't know whether both the admin and the server are still around as it has been almost 3 years now since this situation occurred. I don't feel as if the punishment was wrong for the time as it taught me a lesson and changed me as a person going forward. I have since then quit playing TF2 all together because of constantly being called out as a scammer, which I was not and am not. This ban has also led to me being banned (today) on one of my favorite websites, CSGOLounge, and the punishment applied by SteamRep has put a SCAMMER label on me, which I am not. This was merely a mistake I made 3 years ago when I was 14 years old and have since grown out of the immature stage I was in. I don't believe I should be labeled as a scammer and the label attached to my account has given me a bad reputation among other websites and among my peers. I would accept a reduced "sentence" to be labeled as an "IMPERSONATOR" rather than a scammer because I never impersonated the account with intent to accept or take items from other people when this situation occurred. I do not like being called a scammer because that implies that I am stealing from others,which is something that completely breaks my moral code. I have checked on your website on what is considered a SCAMMER and I have not broken any of those rules because I never used the reputation of the person I impersonated to steal from other users. At the time I had impersonated the account in order to be a "troll" and to get the attention of the GHS server mods who had treated me unfairly at the time. This was all a heat of the moment action and I have since changed my ways. I am going to link a picture of something you already know about (rules), where it clearly states the reasons on why someone would be labeled as a "SCAMMER" and why my case should not have lead to me being labeled as such. Thanks for reading and I hope you have a great day :).​

Attached Files:

Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hi there, I'm sorry for the extreme delay in responding to your appeal. After reviewing the report and appeal, I have decided to remove your tag. I hope you take this experience forward as a lesson about the risks involved in impersonating another trader or admin.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**