1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198045288461 - (Chris-T-Fire / BANNED BY SOP)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Chris-t-fire, Jun 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris-t-fire

Chris-t-fire New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42511366
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198045288461 (Chris-T-Fire)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    None​

Appeal description:
    This is my first appeal here, and i probably should have appealed this when it first came up. The person i was trading with, 2 years ago... Was honestley not meant trading with, his attitude and personallity made me do something i regreted and changed the currency on my REF metal in TF2. Not something i expected to get banned for something from 2 years ago.

The account i dealt with did not ask for the money directly, instead threatened me and then posting the report right away. And even said hes going against my trade rules (not just the currency price) and didn't even read my rules... http://forums.steamrep.com/attachments/im-here-to-f✿✿✿-up-the-rules-deal-with-it-png.32099/

You can kind of see why he brought the bad side of me out. Out of the hundreds of people i traded with.

None the less i regret what i did, its been 2 years since then and i recently left my friend request pending for a week now. No response from him. This will not happen again.​
  2. Chris-t-fire

Chris-t-fire New User

Steam:
    The "Victims repayment" options weren't fitting to the situation so i just chose the closest option that i found appropriate.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You're not marked by SteamRep, but by SourceOP. I have updated your appeal accordingly.
  4. Chris-t-fire

Chris-t-fire New User

Steam:
    Oh, i thought that since a report was brought thorugh steamrep i assumed thats where i was banned from. Alright, thanks.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You lied in the report against you, why should I consider this appeal at all?
  6. Chris-t-fire

Chris-t-fire New User

Steam:
    Yea, 2 years ago i was immature and i didn't know better, you have time to grow as a person in 2 years time. Back then i felt like i was stuck in a corner and that was the only hope to get out, so i said what i said i cant take that back. I've changed and i know how to deal with people much better now. I'd appreaciate a second chance.
  7. Skyrider

Skyrider Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:11715230
    Honestly, it's always better to tell the truth right away rather than flat out lying in attempts to get yourself out of it. By doing so, you've proven that you can't always be relied on when it comes to trust. 2 years isn't that much of a time difference for a change, that you've been only tagged 3 months ago none the less and the fact that you've chosen the option:

While there was indeed a fraud with no refund/repayment evidence that you've repaid the difference with @NPhect I'm afraid I have to reject this report.

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.