1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198045830188 - (Quack / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Toasty, Dec 16, 2014.

1. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42782230
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198045830188 (Quack)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    | steamname: Toax
    | steam3ID: [U:1:147775848]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:73887924
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198108041576
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/_toax_
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198108041576

Not an alt (brother's account)​

Appeal description:
    I am guilty of all listed offenses. I am aware that my actions blatantly violate SteamRep policy, and I am currently making every effort to find and repay the victims of my scams. I am also aware that SteamRep does not usually appeal tags simply because the scammer has had a change of heart, but I'm going to make my case regardless. Please note that even if my appeal is denied, I still desire assistance in locating those I have scammed.

In addition to successfully completing over 1,000 trades since I was marked (124 days ago) without incident, I've also donated a majority of my inventory (excluding the items I intend to return to my victims) to either friends in need or liquidated them for PayPal cash. I primarily conduct trades simply to acquire items that I want rather than make a profit, but depending upon the outcome of this appeal, I may go back to profit trading. There are numerous individuals who I trade with regularly and are aware of my tag, and I can connect them with an administrator here if necessary.

I realize that SteamRep has, and continues to have, a zero tolerance policy on scamming and that tags usually stick unless the accused is truly innocent. I also acknowledge that no matter how many victims I repay or how much I give back to the community, what I did was both morally and legally wrong and I wouldn't have done it had my financial circumstances been different. To date, I have repaid two victims and, in addition to providing them with several keys covering their losses, I have personally apologized to them and have promised to give them a certain portion of my profits.

In regards to my "alternate" account (Toax), I maintain that the account belongs to my brother who accesses Steam from the same IP I do. I am not here to appeal that ban; rather, I merely request that you consider unbanning him should this appeal be granted. His appeal is still pending, but he has been unable to access Steam for quite some time due to the inherent constraints that come with attending college.

I wish the SteamRep admins and the trading community nothing but the best and sincerely apologize for what I've done. I thank anyone who reads this appeal and considers my case in advance, and I'm more than willing to answer any questions you may have.​
  2. Toasty

Toasty New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42782230
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Sorry we do not grant appeals for paypal scamming, you also have a 2nd case against you as well for paypal non payment. You can easily find the users who reported you by viewing the report links on your profile.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**