1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198053376693 - (mvegter197 / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by mvegter197, Oct 26, 2016.

1. mvegter197

mvegter197 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46555482
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198053376693 (mvegter197)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Process] Mistake - Admin misunderstood evidence or made a mistake
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    Testing of code
    | steamname: [BOT] Jackpot
    | steam3ID: [U:1:238138305]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:119069152
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198198404033
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/csgowinbigbot1
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198198404033

Family member, which later was converted to a code testing bot (inactive)
    | steamname: lisannevegter
    | steam3ID: [U:1:152765116]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:76382558
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198113030844
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198113030844

Account I got from a friend that stopped with steam due to personal reasons.
    | steamname: Samgi
    | steam3ID: [U:1:163010820]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:81505410
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198123276548
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/LordSamgi
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198123276548

Appeal description:
    First of all to clarify why I choose for the option: "Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)" is that I was able to repay it, but I didn't make an offense.

I'm the current owner of a raffle group called `Mr.Raffles`. naic hat, as he used that name on steam at that moment, added me as I made an announcement stating that I'm offering the service to raffle items from members of Mr.Raffles.

The reason that this miscommunication led to a steamREP report, was because for some reason, naic hat and I weren't friends anymore on Steam. But both parties had blocked each other. So contacting each other was rather hard.

I got in contact using Steam Announcements, asking him to unblock me so we could have a talk.

We, I and naic hat, decided to raffle his unusual for 20 keys. Only problem was that the raffle wasn't getting as much attentation as I expected.

As I promised that it would be finished within 2 weeks, and that there would be profit, I decided to attempt different methods.
    Thus I decided to add fake account names to the raffle list, so it would seem like an active raffle. Monkey see, monkey do.
    That didn't work either, so I tried looking for a buyer, somebody that was willing to pay the price, 20 keys, for it. I wasn't able to find a buyer that wanted to trade it against that price.
    So I tried selling it on the Community Market, which was a success. I admit that it wasn't against the price we hoped, but I compensated that on my own share, and send items to naic hat, that had the value of what I promised him.

He agreed, on accepting the items I send him as payment method, and even gave me a +rep on backpack.tf

The admin handling the report, ЩĄ | Horse, probaly misunderstood me. He stated the following:
    There never were any users entering, and the one user who "entered" bought `all` slots. So I haven't fixed any outcomes.

As for what I stated in message #27
    I have had multiple partnerships with other raffle groups, which difffer in member count from 100 -> 5k or higher. I was friend with most mods and admins of those groups, and often asked for any tips or tricks as I just got the group and wasn't that experienced with raffles. Couple of them said that using fake names is often used as an empty entrance list doesn't seem attrictive.

If needed I can re-provide screenshots that can show the following
    • The item was sold through the Steam Market.
    • I gave naic hat his share of the mentiod offer.
    • That we both were blocked by each other.
    Naic hat and I are still friends on Steam, if needed I can ask him to confirm this.

Report:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report.141006/
    I'm the current owner of a raffle group called `Mr.Raffles`. naic hat, as he used that name on steam at that moment, added me as I made an announcement stating that I'm offer the service to raffle items from members of Mr.Raffles.

The reason that this miscommunication led to a steamREP report, was because for some reason, naic hat and I weren't friends anymore on Steam. But both parties had blocked each other. So contacting each other was rather hard.

I got in contact using Steam Announcements, asking him to unblock me so we could have a talk.

We, me and naic hat, decided to raffle his unusual for 20 keys. Only problem was that the raffle wasn't getting as much attentation as I expected.

As I promised that it would be finished within 2 weeks, and that there would be profit, I decided to attempt different methods.
    Thus I decided to add fake account names to the raffle list, so it would seem like an active raffle. Monkey see, monkey do.
    That didn't work either, so I tried looking for a buyer, somebody that was willing to pay the price, 20 keys, for it. I wasn't able to find a buyer that wanted to trade it against that price.
    So I tried selling it on the Community Market, which was a success. I admit that it wasn't against the price we hoped, but I compensated that on my own share, and send items to naic hat, that had the value of what I promised him.

He agreed, on accepting the items I send him as payment method, and even gave me a +rep on backpack.tf

The admin handling the report, ЩĄ | Horse, probaly misunderstood me. He stated the following:
    There never were any users entering, and the one user who "entered" bought all slots. So I haven't fixed any outcomses.

As for what I stated in message #27
    I have had multiple partnerships with other raffle groups, which difffer in member count from 100 -> 5k or highter. I was friend with most mods and admins of those groups, and often asked for any tips or tricks. Couple of them said that using fake names is often used as an empty entrance list doesn't seem attrictive.

Report:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report.141006/
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    As part of appeals, you must provide the chat with the victim about repayment.
    I also do not see any type of mistake or misunderstanding by the tagging admin, his followup questions and explanation was very clear as to why he still issued a tag.
  3. mvegter197

Steam:
    @You Are The One The problem with this raffle was that nobody entered. So I didn't scam anybody out of their entry fees, because there were no users who joined. The last raffle we had was in Januari by an ex-mod.
    As for the chat, I can only provide mobile screenshots as I traded with the naic hat on the 9th of September. That is why I stated that I can ask him to confirm this.

Attached Files:

4. You Are The One

Steam:
  5. mvegter197

Steam:
    @You Are The One Here is the whole chat.

I can provide my trade history from the moment I received till the moment I send naic hat the offer.

Attached Files:

6. mvegter197

Steam:
    *bump* and I will provide my inventory history even though no admin asked, in the hope that this will speed up the process.

In picture: "history-4.png" it shows me paying back 'naic hat' who changed his name to 'burns'.

Attached Files:

7. mvegter197

Steam:
    In picture "history-28" it shows a user called CS.MONEY | CSGOSell.com giving me a few items, he ordered a bot.
    That is also one of the reason why you see so many trades with [BOT] Jackpot (from me) and Csgolower & Csgobigcoins Bot #1 (from him)

In picture "history-30" it shows naic hat / burns giving me his unusual.

Attached Files:

8. mvegter197

Steam:
    the reason why the windows bar is missing, is because I have multi-monitors and I used "ALT + PRNT SCR" to take pictures.

in the mobile screenshot from the report against me it shows that only TF2 items were considered entry fees.

Also why you see me giving trading cards to Carlmundo is because I'm in his IdleArmy, http://steamcommunity.com/groups/idlearmy, if I'm correct he is the owner of "Who's Gaming Now".

Attached Files:

9. mvegter197

Steam:
    I apoligze for posting this in a separate comment, this came up after I posted the previous one.

I changed my steam HUD to the standard instead of "Metro for Steam" because of the appeal tips, as I reported someone couple days ago using "Metro for Steam" and used it in other reports / comments.
  10. mvegter197

Steam:
    I do admit that looking back it was a stupid move to sell the unusual instead of trading it back, but what the ban states: "Scamming Items thru fake fun raffles/fixed outcomes" is not correct. I have done multiple giveaways and only raffled a couple of times and got bored of it as it took too much time before completion. That is why I was looking for moderators that would do the raffling for me in exchange for a X% of the profit. I agreed with the user Sunrisem that in return for a X% he was allowed to raffle as much as he wanted. He did 1 raffle, and then went inactive in the group.

Since then nothing has happened, and I thought maybe there are members that want their items raffled instead of joining a raffle. And then this happened. And as shown in the screenshots above, I never received any entry fees or tf2 related items (except for a couple trades with scrap.tf). So there could not be a winner as their were no participants. In the report the 'victim' even stated that everything was resolved. I stated in post #20 of the report that the 'victim' blocked me, with the screenshot as proof, so any form of direct contact was impossible. I actually had an offer ready, which is also stated in the screenshots above , to be confirmed before the report was made, but due to it not being in my sent offer history anymore I can't provide the Steam data which shows the unix timestamp of when it was created.

And yes I accidentally remove the user before as the victim changes his name quite often, at the moment his name history doesn't include the name of the report anymore, and I didn't put him in a category or added a tag yet.

If possible or needed I could talk to an admin and explain it again, but I'm not sure what else there is to say.

P.S. @You Are The One tagged you as you stated in post #4 that "I also have no clue if anyone actually entered since you deleted the raffle giveaway thread." In my screenshots you can see I did not receive anything, and in the attachement you can see there are 6 slots occupied, but the first one is one of my alts and the second one is a random name from my friends list (http://steamcommunity.com/id/JerryTeddy) who isn't in any raffle type groups. The Raffle.png was taken from the report, which was upload by the 'victim'.

Attached Files:

11. You Are The One

Steam:
    After a detailed review and speaking with another admin for additional input and nothing in the case in dispute, the only thing left is the reason behind those decisions.
    Their is no way around removing/blocking the reporter, your story about pruning your friends list does not hold up, you actually added users in the double digits during that time, this is a clear lie. We have no clue if you were trying to scam the victim of his unusual or scamming entrants to the fake raffle, but its scamming either way, as for unblocking and repaying, this only happened AFTER a report was submitted here. The appeal is denied for lying.

edit: slightly adjusted ban reason, was a little confusing.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2021