1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Appeal Review: 76561198053960919

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by campingnoobasaurous, Nov 27, 2015.

1. campingnoobasaurous

campingnoobasaurous Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46847595
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198053960919 (The p✿✿✿✿ Destroyer)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here before and it was denied.

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-76561198053960919-the-p✿✿✿✿-destroyer-banned-by-sr.115528/
    This above is the link to a forum where I appealed saying I would never scam again, payed back the victim, and was rejected. I'm appealing again due to the fact I felt that this was unjustifiable. In one of my screenshots after looking at the first appeal shows where it is said that I did pay the victim back. (I don't know why it says "tho" but I want judge because I am treating the admin as an adult, not a child) It states that I did repay, but that still doesn't help the fact when I play TF2, as I said in the previous appeal, I am made fun of and can barely play on a server until being kicked out. I hope this time I can talk to a different admin and work out on an uplift on my ban. As I say again, I will never scam again.​

Attached Files:

2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You cannot simply re-appeal because you don't like the answer you got the first time. Based on this wording, I'm assuming you meant to request an appeal review. Is this the case?

Per our FAQ, you are allowed to have your appeal reviewed by another admin to decide if you deserve a second appeal. To do this, you must choose one of these reasons:
    Under which of these grounds do you intend to have your appeal reviewed? And please explain your reasoning for whichever reason you choose.

Example of new evidence: Reporter was banned for submitting fake reports/screenshots to maliciously harm people's reputation, supporting your claim to innocence.
    Example of unfair appeal: Appeals admin had a conflict of interest, or mishandled your case (e.g. rejected by same admin who accepted report).
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. campingnoobasaurous

Steam:
    Thanks for the clarification, you specified a lot clearer than the last admin. 2. Unfair Appeal. Note A different appeal admin will review your original appeal and decide if their is enough to grant you a new appeal.
    The reason I felt my appeal was unjustified was for multiple reasons.
    1. This was a two way scam a long time ago (Which I cannot speak of what happened between the other person because of lack of evidence; Plus this other person had a long track record of scamming as well, and connected to multiple other accounts) and I felt bad for a long time and had no idea how to appeal so I gave up for a while until finally figuring out the appeal system and wanting to pay for my crimes after two years of "Serving my time" you could say. I paid the victim back and post the rest of my appeal and am rejected feeling like I qualify for an uplift on my ban.
    2. I felt like the admin I was dealing with was not very understanding. I felt like he was not taking my appeal very seriously (Especially with the "Tho still repaid" where I felt a child was handling an appeal, not trying to say anything about the person him/herself, just saying I felt this was odd to say the least), and I also, on a personal level, felt an emanation of hate, despise, and discrimination against myself because they think I am some kind of scammer and I haven't proven myself even if I did what they told me.
    3. In game discrimination will still be pointed at me, and I will still be kicked from servers for my ban even if I did pay back the person. Just like the real world everyone points and makes fun off the out of place kid, we all know this but i'm trying to just do a pass time to relax. Please, there is no other way to explain how I feel about this instead of that I hate it because I cant enjoy a game I like to play.
    4. I'm done with scamming. I did it once, and i'll never do it again. Not trying to be a person begging on his knees for forgiveness, but this is the honest heart to heart, i've been done for a long time.
    Also I forgot to mention something about my last appeal. The person said, "I am glad you paid back the user you scammed, even tho it was a week after the stated deadline you still decided to anyways. I also hope you continue to keep up the good behavior". This makes me feel awful inside when I read this. Still using "tho", he/she acts like this is just nothing and I can feel that there is this hate from this person, and I am getting laughed at by this person. Even through all this good he/she is saying, they heard me cry out when I said that I was being harassed on servers. So I really feel picked on when he/she says to keep up good behavior, due to the fact I cant even be on a server for a few minutes or be on a server without the harassment.

So please look this over, and I hope you can see the decently in me and uplift this ban. Please read this through, thank you for your time.
  4. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    This is not a second appeal, it's an audit or review to determine if the appeals admin mishandled your case. In which case, you'd be allowed to make a new appeal. Pleading how you disagree with his decision or how you've changed won't work here, that's what you do in the appeal. Here, you explain how the admin mishandled it, whether biased or not acknowledging evidence or whatever.

Re-read the appeal tips - http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-tips.66354/ - especially the following point, in entirety:
    #9: Pay back the victim
    Then tell me how your appeal was unfairly handled. Unless the appeal was mishandled somehow, and you can demonstrate that, you don't get a second appeal.
    1. Irrelevant. Tags don't expire over time, and scamming a scammer is still scamming. Just because the other person scammed doesn't give you a right to steal from them, and with you pointing that out and shifting blame to the victim I'm inclined to believe you're not really sorry. You only repaid to try and get the tag removed, and that hypothesis is further supported by the fact you didn't even repay until after you were given a deadline in the appeal.
    2. Appeals admins don't have to be "understanding" or sympathetic to scammers to properly grant/deny appeals. I happen to definitively know that particular admin is an adult, and that spelling of "tho" is very typical of him. Misspelling a word is not grounds for an appeal review.
    3. Hurt feelings are not grounds for an appeal review. Just like other things in life, what you did here has consequences, and you may not like those consequences but it doesn't excuse you from it.
    4. That's what you argue in an appeal, not an appeal review.

So all the above points boil down to you disagreeing with his decision. After reading the above link, do you have anything else?
  5. campingnoobasaurous

Steam:
    To start off, you do have your own opinion, so it is completely your choice to decide whether or not I am being forthright honest or if I am completely lying; which is entirely true, but I will tell you time and time again I am being fully and completely honest here, no lies.
    If we are going on the subject of how my appeal was not judged correctly, and i'll keep it simple this time; basically I feel as if I did as was told, but was given an illusion that I had a chance at getting my ban uplifted (Yes, I am here for the ban to uplifted but I did feel bad about what I had done, you can ask the victim himself if you do please). To be blunt with any choice of wording, I felt as if the decision for me was lame, to say the least. I felt as if a much better way to compromise for the system and myself was that my ban could be uplifted, but if I were to be proven as scamming again, my account would be immediately banned once again with further consequences. That is how I imagined it would go through, except it didn't and I blatantly feel that the admin did not believe me whatsoever and gave another lame excuse by only updating my page to say that I did pay the person back. Just to compare and then move on, if someone committed a crime, served his time, and payed off the bail, would it sound right that that person should go back to jail, but on his jail ID would say, but he payed of his crime.
    I'll leave you at that, I would like to talk more. On a personal level, I feel like a recorded voice chat or documented text chat would be nice to work with, but thats only what I think. Thank you for your time.
  6. campingnoobasaurous

Steam:
    Also, forgot to mention, I am not trying to make a second appeal, i'm only trying to show how I feel that my appeal was unjustifiable. I'm sorry if this feels threatening from a standpoint, i'm really just trying to talk this out and prove my point.
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but your argument can be summed up as the following:
    Is this the basis of your "unfair handling" argument, or did you have anything else to add/remove?
  8. campingnoobasaurous

Steam:
    Yes, this sums up how I feel about being cheated through my appeal, since I did my appeal I even started with I feel wrong and I want to pay the victim back if necessary to be unbanned. Now that summary isn't completely honest. The admin said two weeks, and to be honest I did do it a week late, but I had wrote down a request for another week due to the item being held for a week within steam market rules. This was ignored completely to take into account. Thats all I would like added and I feel that that summary describes my situation almost perfectly.
  9. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Once again, I will direct you to the appeal tips page. It pretty much outlines how appeals are handled. Point 9 is relevant here, and in retrospect so is point 23. Since you seem to have glossed over them, I'll quote both below:
    Repayment is a requirement for your appeal to be considered, not a guarantee that you will be untagged. This is not a negotiation for returning stolen goods in return for overturning a tit for tat punishment, our job is to warn the community of someone who has scammed and poses a threat to the community. For a change of heart appeal, the admin's job is to judge how sorry you are, how likely you are to scam again, how serious the offense was, etc. Part of that determination is the circumstances surrounding the repayment. If you did not repay before submitting an appeal, that appeal is unlikely to be considered; often the appeal will be rejected outright, and the admin has every right to. In your case, You Are The One was lenient and gave you 2 weeks to repay, which you further did not meet. Only after being given a deadline did you repay at all, and even then after the deadline, which reflects poorly on your intentions. For that, You Are The One had to deny your appeal, but since you did repay (albeit late, and probably only to get untagged) he was nice enough to include the fact you ultimately repaid in your public notes.

Appeal review denied.